Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see that but as you say I think that is unrealistic at this stage. Dortmund are club considered to be on the same level as the likes of arsenal, liverpool etc. Could you really envisage us getting sanchez from arsenal or mane from Liverpool.

That's why I suggested schurlle as he is currently backup be may be interested and that's the market we are currently going to be operating in.
Sanchez probably isn't going to come here for the right reasons no mate, but Ramsey, Ospina, chamberlain, those sorts of players who are first team or there abouts who make the move. Arsenal sound a bad example in hindsight as their players aren't glittering at the minute! Take Sevilla then, signing their first team players like you N'Zonzis and Grameros (is it gramero?) or someone else in that mould. Players who play in the champions league who make the move over to us because not of who we are but who we want to be, sell the dream onto them that they will be back at that level if they join us and form part of that team.

It is all pies in skies my words and it isn't exactly easy to achieve but it is the theoretical idea that i am pushing here. That Everton coming in for you means that you get to be a part of something attractive to a player beyond a pay packet because we found out in the summer that isn't true right now.

Calling our American blues...... Cyle Larin give us the heads up on him !

I called this a year ago in a thread and got slated.

He's a beast, very much in the young Lukaku mold. 6'2 tall. Like Lukaku he is a world class finisher, but needs to improve his hold up play. He only averaged 2 shots per game despite his 17 goals last year, which shows how clinical he is.

Not the finished article yet, but every bit the prospect Lookman or DCL is but a true #9.

He's a beast, very much in the young Lukaku mold. 6'2 tall. Like Lukaku he is a world class finisher, but needs to improve his hold up play. He only averaged 2 shots per game despite his 17 goals last year, which shows how clinical he is.

Not the finished article yet, but every bit the prospect Lookman or DCL is but a true #9.

Also plays for Adrian Heath at Orlando.

If were going English, for those suggesting Hart or Heaton or Forster as our new keeper and myself naming Pickford....

How about newly fit Jack Butland? see how he gets on for the rest of the season...but if hes back to his best its a no brainer

Sanchez probably isn't going to come here for the right reasons no mate, but Ramsey, Ospina, chamberlain, those sorts of players who are first team or there abouts who make the move. Arsenal sound a bad example in hindsight as their players aren't glittering at the minute! Take Sevilla then, signing their first team players like you N'Zonzis and Grameros (is it gramero?) or someone else in that mould. Players who play in the champions league who make the move over to us because not of who we are but who we want to be, sell the dream onto them that they will be back at that level if they join us and form part of that team.

It is all pies in skies my words and it isn't exactly easy to achieve but it is the theoretical idea that i am pushing here. That Everton coming in for you means that you get to be a part of something attractive to a player beyond a pay packet because we found out in the summer that isn't true right now.

Gameiro. Not a bad shout but he is getting on now (29).

Mind you i wanted Gignac before he made the bizarre move to Mexico.

Hmm...

We are being linked with him as potential replacement for Rom.This has Steve Walsh written all over it.

See your point about a good shot to goal ratio but the MLS is a world away in quality compared to the PL

Calling our American blues...... Cyle Larin give us the heads up on him !
I mean, he is Canadian, but he plays here so I'll take a shot from what I've seen in MLS. Strong, good finisher, pretty good hold up play, but no idea if he's ready for such a big jump. It's a crap shoot, but he'd be cheap so worth the minimal risk if you ask me. Worse comes to worse, we sell him back to MLS two years on for the same money it would take to get him now.

Status
Not open for further replies.