Summer Transfer Window 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely missing the point but okay. I said if he HAS to go would you not consider it. Pretty laughable saying we don't need the money though lol

If you think we're going to get more than £70m for him that can go straight on one new striker comparable to Rom you're a fool. We're just not an attractive destination yet to the worlds best otherwise Lukaku would certainly be staying wouldn't he.

Your initial post was that you'd snap their hand off for it.

And I literally said in the post you quoted that we wouldn't be able to attract anybody comparable to him.

There's no circumstance in which he HAS to go, the ball is completely in the clubs court which is exactly why I said I wouldn't sell him.

Take Rom out of this team we are 100% guaranteed to be weaker. Then you invest the proceeds and yes there's a chance we'll be stronger at the end of it, but only a chance. We need to break into the top 4 next year and the best chance we have of doing that is if we keep Rom and improve around him.

IF Lukaku was going to leave and he most certainly will do if we get an offer £80m+ for example, I'd definitely take the £70m + Batman from Chelsea. He's capable of being a prolific goalscorer and we'd be able to get another top striker with that money too.

Ideally I'd love Rom to stay but we have to be realistic in that he 100% will end up playing for an elite CL team - that's how good he is.

Batshuayi scored 23 in 50 in all comps for Marseille last season, which is a great return for a player that was only 21/22.

Your initial post was that you'd snap their hand off for it.

And I literally said in the post you quoted that we wouldn't be able to attract anybody comparable to him.

There's no circumstance in which he HAS to go, the ball is completely in the clubs court which is exactly why I said I wouldn't sell him.

Take Rom out of this team we are 100% guaranteed to be weaker. Then you invest the proceeds and yes there's a chance we'll be stronger at the end of it, but only a chance. We need to break into the top 4 next year and the best chance we have of doing that is if we keep Rom and improve around him.

Yes I would snap their hand off for £70m + Batshuayi.

I'm not saying he's definitely going, I'd love him to stay obviously, just talking hypothetically here since that's what transfer rumours are...

Perhaps we could go in for Andre schurrle in the summer. Seems to be second choice at dortmund at the moment and could be available for around 25-35million. Still only 26, full Germany international and has premier league experience . In fact he scored twice for Germany yesterday.

Seems to have been knocked down the pecking order at dortmund by pulisic and may want first team football. Could slot nicely into that left wing position next season. From what I've seen of him he's a quick and solid player with good finishing so could even play as the lone striker too.

Perhaps we could go in for Andre schurrle in the summer. Seems to be second choice at dortmund at the moment and could be available for around 25-35million. Still only 26, full Germany international and has premier league experience . In fact he scored twice for Germany yesterday.

Seems to have been knocked down the pecking order at dortmund by pulisic and may want first team football. Could slot nicely into that left wing position next season. From what I've seen of him he's a quick and solid player with good finishing so could even play as the lone striker too.

I always liked him but I think he lost his way at Wolfsberg towards the end and is on the bench a lot for Dortmund. Can't believe he's still that young, seems.to have been around for donkeys years

Just a thought but if we want to show ambition then perhaps just signing Pulisic instead would be the better option rather than the player he has disposessed?

Might be unrealistic but generally if we want to be improving as a club we need to be signing the first choice players rather than the back up players at better clubs than Swansea and Villa (i don't mean villas back up players).

all the talk of signing players who would never come to us is fair enough but as a club we have to have that ambition at some point to bring in players who we are fighting to get from their club. We aren't signing first team players from barca or bayern any time soon but going to arsenal, dortmund, sevilla level of clubs and getting their first team players to join us is the real show of ambition that our players and fans want to see.

From BBC

"Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Swansea midfielderGylfi Sigurdsson for around £15m in the summer to spearhead what is looking likely to be their first season back in the Premier League."

From BBC

"Newcastle boss Rafael Benitez wants to sign Swansea midfielderGylfi Sigurdsson for around £15m in the summer to spearhead what is looking likely to be their first season back in the Premier League."

why would sigurdsson take a step down after rejecting us last summer?

This transfer window will be a watershed in our clubs history.
Before we discuss who we would like to sign it's the possible outgoings that are crucial.
The club should do everything possible to keep Rom and ROSS
If one or both decide to go then top dollar should be got for them.
If Pogba was worth 90 million then Rom is worth at least the same.
He has 2 years left so the club has the upper hand her.
If ROSS won't sign a new contract then the quoted 30 million for an exceptional young English talent is way too low.
Sissoko went for 30 million and sits on the bench ( we missed a Bullet there ) so Spurs can go sing at 30 million
Levy always tries to buy cheap and sell high.
ROSS is worth 45/50 million and a bidding war will ensue.
I can't see him getting a regular spot in Spurs front 4.
If Chelsea want to include Batman in the fee for Rom they should be told to forget it.
Cash is king and gives us the freedom to pick who we want.
However if they said Zouma and Fabregas and 35/40 million well I'd take that.
If Costa stays Chelsea won't want Rom plus rumour has it that Conte wants Morata
Who I'd like to see us sign is
Hart /Butland/Forster
VVD plus Keane or Koubailly
Tierney from Celtic
Young RF from Ajax
Siggy/Mata /Fabregas
Rooney
Gray and Valencia.
Out
Lennon Mori Bescic Kone Naisse Cleverly McGeady Steks
That's assuming we keep Rom and ROSS

Just a thought but if we want to show ambition then perhaps just signing Pulisic instead would be the better option rather than the player he has disposessed?

Might be unrealistic but generally if we want to be improving as a club we need to be signing the first choice players rather than the back up players at better clubs than Swansea and Villa (i don't mean villas back up players).

all the talk of signing players who would never come to us is fair enough but as a club we have to have that ambition at some point to bring in players who we are fighting to get from their club. We aren't signing first team players from barca or bayern any time soon but going to arsenal, dortmund, sevilla level of clubs and getting their first team players to join us is the real show of ambition that our players and fans want to see.

I would like to see that but as you say I think that is unrealistic at this stage. Dortmund are club considered to be on the same level as the likes of arsenal, liverpool etc. Could you really envisage us getting sanchez from arsenal or mane from Liverpool.

That's why I suggested schurlle as he is currently backup be may be interested and that's the market we are currently going to be operating in.

Status
Not open for further replies.