Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
three-snails-10552951.jpg

That midfield 3
Siggurdson and Schneiderlin are both capable of covering a lot of ground over 90 minutes and Carvalho is a great tackler (I think!), none of the 3 mentioned have much acceleration with the ball at their feet which is a concern id have alright.

Sule signed last summer for Bayern? Not sure I've heard the Tah links (though they'd be an obvious one).

I really like Skriniar, come on leaps and bounds at Inter. They've just signed de Vrij too so good duo. Although that's the end of one of the world's best in Miranda </3

Yeah ive been really impressed with Škriniar when I have seen him - think he will have another season of improvement and move - potentially even Jan if he continues.

Can they actually play footballlol
I think that trio is capable of getting the ball to our wide players for quick counter attacks as Siggurdson and Carvalho have a great passing range.

Schneiderlin is a bit of a punt as he did well in that role for Southampton and Silva converted Doucoure into a very effective box to box midfielder for Watford

Siggurdson and Schneiderlin are both capable of covering a lot of ground over 90 minutes and Carvalho is a great tackler (I think!), none of the 3 mentioned have much acceleration with the ball at their feet which is a concern id have alright.
They are all old and slow. You wanna see us fight relegation, that’s your midfield. Seriously, Gana is our best player, should be our 6, and Morgan should be nowhere near this club. He can spot a pass and that’s it. He provides nothing more than what Beni does. Bin him ASAP and get a proper box to box player and some CBs that don’t need some statue sitting pointlessly In front of them for protection.

I am all for going for these younger, progresive players, such as lozano & ziyech etc.

But just like it is with our manager, it will be a gamble, but after the last season and the average players we have been buying for large fee's, i think the gamble is worth doing.

These players could end up like some of the southampton signings in recent hisstory like Hoedt, Boufal & Classie who just didnt cut the mustard.
But on the flip side we have nothing to lose do we

They are all old and slow. You wanna see us fight relegation, that’s your midfield. Seriously, Gana is our best player, should be our 6, and Morgan should be nowhere near this club. He can spot a pass and that’s it. He provides nothing more than what Beni does. Bin him ASAP and get a proper box to box player and some CBs that don’t need some statue sitting pointlessly In front of them for protection.
All 3 are in their 20's?

Gana is great in a team that doesn't like having a lot of possession and I would prefer if we moved on from that style of play, as it will see us in a relegation battle sooner or later. Schneiderlin is worth a punt at number 8 as he has the physical and technical attributes to fulfill the role fully, don't think playing at No.6 ever really suited him myself.

I dont get your last comment, any club who has fullbacks that cross the halfway line will need a midfield anchor for protection, even the most attacking sides in Europe

He isn't slow at moving the ball at all mate. He's best when it comes to quick one-two passing on the edge of the area.

He's no David Silva, and won't be threading a 40 yard pass like De Bruyne, but he's more than capable of moving the ball quickly.

Tosun is more than good enough as well. It's all about getting players up in support of him - which is something that Silva's systems usually do.

My belief is that the main problem is our midfield.

Bereft of pace, passing and dribbling ability. It needs a complete overhaul.

If we assume a 4-3-3 formation I can see a front 3 of Walcott, Lookman and Tosun/Niasse/DCL being OK for next season.

Midfield 3 needs additions and replacements.

One deep laying player, one all energy and 1 creative seems to be the modern blend.

Energy can be Gueye/Davies, if we buy someone then the player at Lille, Bissouma, looks a good bet.
Creative I'd like to add someone like Zivkovic - 21 year old plays for Serbia and Benfica. Used to be a winger, now a centre mid. Great dribbler and gettable. Dowell could also play that role.
Deep laying player needs to be a playmaker not just a destroyer. Fred from Shaktar would be be first choice but not realistic. William Carvalho would be available, does the role but has limitations.

Genuinely don't see Klaassen, Schneiderlin or Sigurdsson fitting into the formation. The £60m they'd, hopefully, raise would cover he cost of those additions and make the team younger.

Status
Not open for further replies.