Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t claim to be an expert on either, but better goal scoring ability? Lozano scored more than double the goals Ziyech did last year, in less games, and is 3 years younger.

They play different positions, Ziyech is more used in a central midfield 3, while lozano is more of you wide forward, we should get both

Honestly think we need a better forward than Tosun, and if we want to play a quick transitional game, then i dont think him or sigurdsson would fit that style.
I know sig works hard and chases etc, but he is so slow to move the ball on at times.

I don’t claim to be an expert on either, but better goal scoring ability? Lozano scored more than double the goals Ziyech did last year, in less games, and is 3 years younger.

There's also the fact that Ziyech would be wasted on the wing. He would have to play central to be effective.

If Silva comes, we're likely to use a 3-4-3 or a 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 kind of hybrid.

I'd imagine we'd have Gueye and another in central midfield. Ideally, that 'other' will be someone like the lad from Lille who can get about the pitch and basically play the role Doucoure did at Watford or N'Diaye did at Hull under Silva.

We have Gylfi for that role just ahead of them, and also Davies/Klassen. It'd be nice to get some more options but it's not a priority I don't think.

So the winger for me has to be a real potential star - and Lozano fits that bill. Creative and can play on either side, perfect to interchange with Walcott.

Ship Bolasie off and Lookman is on hand to play there as well. Lookman also now has the added experience of playing in a front 3 or 2 at Leipzig.

Honestly think we need a better forward than Tosun, and if we want to play a quick transitional game, then i dont think him or sigurdsson would fit that style.
I know sig works hard and chases etc, but he is so slow to move the ball on at times.

He isn't slow at moving the ball at all mate. He's best when it comes to quick one-two passing on the edge of the area.

He's no David Silva, and won't be threading a 40 yard pass like De Bruyne, but he's more than capable of moving the ball quickly.

Tosun is more than good enough as well. It's all about getting players up in support of him - which is something that Silva's systems usually do.

And Kluivert over Lozano too?

Yes, again I see legitimate skill and pace, vision and technique at a higher level than Lozano... however not as highly as i rate Ziyech and tbf i have seen less of Kluivert out of the three

I maybe mistyped, I wasn’t referencing amount of goals he has scored , I was referencing ability... there are many factors in why a player may score many goals... Niasse scored more than Tosun for example however Tosun has the better ability... Ziyech’s goals show consistent technique and finishing ability, Lozano’s seem more opportunistic

I am not trying to knock Lozano at all i just feel Ziyech is the better player

They play different positions, Ziyech is more used in a central midfield 3, while lozano is more of you wide forward, we should get both

We need a powerful box-to-box player rather than another playmaker at this point in time imo.

It's all about balance.

Yes, Ziyech is superb, but don't think he's what we need to be targeting as a priority.

He isn't slow at moving the ball at all mate. He's best when it comes to quick one-two passing on the edge of the area.

He's no David Silva, and won't be threading a 40 yard pass like De Bruyne, but he's more than capable of moving the ball quickly.

Tosun is more than good enough as well. It's all about getting players up in support of him - which is something that Silva's systems usually do.

I disagree, Tosun is utter pony, a couple of tap ins dont fool me

giphy.gif

How the hell did you get into @Joey66 's bedroom, like I knew you were both close like!

Status
Not open for further replies.