Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
@deipnosophist - for his many faults his eye for a defender has been exceptional.... jags baines coleman disting stones lascelles .... i would include lescott but i would get crucified lol

Now....

*enters fantasy land*

My dream window would be

Ins:
Lascelles
Rose
Dembele
Martial

Would cost about £200m like last window

Pickford
Coleman Lascelles Jagielka Rose
Gana Dembele

Lookman/Martial Martial/Siggy
Walcott

Tosun

I think Walcott is far more effective from the left martial can fit anywhere in the front 4 and the backline tidied up wooohoooo

Love my football manager me haha

@deipnosophist - for his many faults his eye for a defender has been exceptional.... jags baines coleman disting stones lascelles .... i would include lescott but i would get crucified lol

Now....

*enters fantasy land*

My dream window would be

Ins:
Lascelles
Rose
Dembele
Martial

Pickford
Gana Dembele

Walcott

Tosun

I think Walcott is far more effective from the left martial can fit anywhere in the front 4 and the backline tidied up wooohoooo

lol...for an initial second, I thought you were saying I've got many faults, but a good eye for a defender.

...PS you'd be right about the "many faults" bit. lol

Preferring Lukaku to rashford and being prepared to sell rashford are very different things. He's 20 years old and has been brilliant in flashes, often playing out wide.

Zero chance they'd sell him.

And I hope we don't buy Vardy. Good as he is now he's 31 and will demand top wages. Wouldn't make sense for a team that should be building to qualify for the champions league over the next 3 years rather than just gambling on success next season.

Yeah your right. No point in signing someone that will probably score us 50 goals over the next three season. For 25m he's worth it... klassen cost that and has contributed nothing... bolasie cost more and I'm sure has actually hindered us .. vardy can,finish , has pace , scores and can actually play lone striker and he's used to living off long balls

“Hi Marcus, we’d like you to join Everton. We’d like you to compete with Vardy, Batshuayi and Tosun for your starting spot.”

What do you think he’d say?

Sign him first then :) you will be competing with DCL, niasse and a Turk that can't play prem football apparently what you Reckon he'd say then?

“Hi Marcus, we’d like you to join Everton. We’d like you to compete with Vardy, Batshuayi and Tosun for your starting spot.”

What do you think he’d say?

Sign him first then :) you will be competing with DCL, niasse and a Turk that can't play prem football apparently what you Reckon he'd say then?

He's not though. You are probably one of the people who thought Nzonzi was crap at Stoke as well, or that McCarthy was better than Nzonzi lol . Lets see what happens, because we have the creative player that we need available on the cheap, and you would soon change your mind about him if he signed. Unfortunately, it would be typical Everton if they ignored him in favour of a more expensive but less productive lump.

I actually think N'Zonzi is class to be honest, plus I don't have anything against McCarthy, he has been unlucky with injuries and just isn't good enough anymore

The fat hobbit is creative, put only in one in six games, the rest of the games just pass him by, just not good enough.....

Insert emoji..... 'cos that's the in thing!

My 15 year old son asked me the other day: "Dad, what does the expression 'damned with faint praise' mean?" I answered by way of an example replying "say someone says 'footballer X is a better player than Bolasie'...that is an example of being damned with faint praise".
I'm not entirely sure my son got the total gist because he responded "yes, but footballer X could be any body"

Sounds to me like he perfectly got the jist if he thinks anybody could be better than Bolasie.

Now....

*enters fantasy land*

My dream window would be

Ins:
Lascelles
Rose
Dembele
Martial

Pickford
Gana Dembele

Walcott

Tosun

Not sure we'd get away with 12 players

We should be raiding Benfica/Sporting/Braga academies for their kids if we're going down that route. Rafael Leao, Joao Felix, Bruno Xadas, Gedson etc. Just mop that [Poor language removed] up.

Xadas was the focal point of my West Ham team on footy manager and is dirt cheap too.

Then he’d throw a strop when we bring in Batshayi and Vardy after him. I can’t believe I’m even discussing this! More chance of me being Everton’s new centre forward than all this happening.

Also I find it ridiculous people are starting to give up on Tosun already. Get the right players around him next season and let’s see what he can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.