Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are both capable players mate, but i think they thrived in Pochs system and his emphasis on wing backs, they also benefited from depth in the Spurs squad, Spurs system rotated full backs every three games or so to give them breathers.

I think he is over hyped and i think he is looking for a pay day, like you i think Davies and Trippier are better players, I also dont like Rose's attitude.

I think we will struggle to fill the Baines void with quality, we dont appreciate how good he has been for us, we just take him from granted. Hes getting on granted and we need an alternative, but he has a couple of years in him for me. He has been in great form the last few weeks in my opinion.

I said at the times they bought them both that we missed out massively on tripper and Davies. Both would have been good deputies to Coleman and baines and then taken over (especially in baines' case) within a couple of years.
But no, we ended up with seven wingers, seven central midfielders who don't attack or defend and five players to play number 10. As well as, no backups for our full backs, meaning we had to dip into the youth team/martina.

I said at the times they bought them both that we missed out massively on tripper and Davies. Both would have been good deputies to Coleman and baines and then taken over (especially in baines' case) within a couple of years.
But no, we ended up with seven wingers, seven central midfielders who don't attack or defend and five players to play number 10. As well as, no backups for our full backs, meaning we had to dip into the youth team/martina.

Davies in particular in my opinion mate. Trippier is excellent as well. I am bit cautious on buying from Burnley in general if i am honest as i think players play above themselves there, Dyche gets every ounce out of players and its deceptive, like we see with Keane.

You have to question the clubs decison making in recruitment i know its stating the obvious, but even selling Oviedo who was the epitome of good left back cover was a bit mad.

Simply put Everton havent matured into a club who know what to do with resources, i cant remember the last time we had a balanced squad, probably when Moyes when here and even then we lacked depth.

As for left backs, i think Cresswell at WHU would be prefect for us, given what we are looking for. Unlikely but there is a better player in Cresswell then what he has shown since joining WHU and their boom and bust life as a PL club. Uo and down the byline, great engine, wicked delivery, set pieces and a decent defender.

Last edited:

You’ve watched Martina and Kenny play full back all season and you think Walker and Rose are crap? Ok.

Why would watching those two mean they aren't? I know they're better than those two, possibly Kenny will become a better player, but not yet. Not sure on your point.

If United don't want him and he's on small wages at Spurs and isn't even getting a game there, then Everton may be your best bet.

I love Baines but we're not getting any higher than 7th with him as first choice. But I think Rose as a link is tabloid drivel. Rumours are bound to be nonsense at this time because the new manager and new DoF are not yet in post.

28 years old so in his prime
80k a week so we could pay him more
Bad attitude and shown he's a mercenary and hasn't been in favour means UTD may not move for him
Prefers to be in the North
37 mil isn't an enormous amount to pay to have the best full backs in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.