Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs seem to be starting to do business early, West Ham, Wolves and Leicester all making signings.

Think we need to make a statement signing early doors to convince others of our long term ambition if we are to attract the players we are all hoping for. Someone like Danny Rose coming from Spurs to us would make massive headlines any suddenly other players will look and think "these guys mean business".

Thats why I dont want us going for the Norwich lad, it just doesn't say that this club is going places. The first signing is always the most important and we messed up when Moshiri first came. Need to rectify it this window.

We don't need to make statements.

We need to make sensible deals both in and out.

We don't need to make statements.

We need to make sensible deals both in and out.

I disagree mate in the essence that the danger is we suddenly think we are Ajax/Barca of days gone by because of Brands reputation at PSV (a completely different league to the Prem) and go all Brendan Rodgers signing kids and fancy named prospects and bring the envelopes out. Yes we need sensible signings but we also need to make some bloody good ones and those players 8 times out of 10 usually cost a fair bit of dosh.

Clubs seem to be starting to do business early, West Ham, Wolves and Leicester all making signings.

Think we need to make a statement signing early doors to convince others of our long term ambition if we are to attract the players we are all hoping for. Someone like Danny Rose coming from Spurs to us would make massive headlines any suddenly other players will look and think "these guys mean business".

Thats why I dont want us going for the Norwich lad, it just doesn't say that this club is going places. The first signing is always the most important and we messed up when Moshiri first came. Need to rectify it this window.
Look what happened last year when we " did all our business " early !!!!!

Brands and Silva have been sat in the background for months.

Do you not think they know exactly who they want.

Relax.

Look what happened last year when we " did all our business " early !!!!!

Brands and Silva have been sat in the background for months.

Do you not think they know exactly who they want.

Relax.

Signing overrated crap isn't down to making early signings mate its more awful scouting.

I am relaxed just have this worry that the fanbase suddnely think we dont need top signings because we have Silva and Brands and can just sign any old 21 year old lad with a bit of tricky feet and we'll boss it - ie. Brendan Rodgers.

Because the window closes on 9th August and there is a world cup on.

A few players are resigning from the club due to fears for their safety after the madness of the past few weeks.

Essentially: Their president got angry with players, posted something about them, they all took offence and backed the manager, the president threatened to drop them all, a few other things happened and then the president organised to have the club's ultras attack the players during training.

So now they're all walking away.
lol lol lol

Never realised it was the president who got the fans to attack the players.

I disagree mate in the essence that the danger is we suddenly think we are Ajax/Barca of days gone by because of Brands reputation at PSV (a completely different league to the Prem) and go all Brendan Rodgers signing kids and fancy named prospects and bring the envelopes out. Yes we need sensible signings but we also need to make some bloody good ones and those players 8 times out of 10 usually cost a fair bit of dosh.

We tried the statement summer last year. It didn't work.

We have to now build sensibly and build an identity. Working under the radar is much more our speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.