Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds mad given the way the seasons panned out but we really are a few tweaks away from being a decent side.
With a decent manager in i'd say 5-6 players would give us quality and depth:
new lb with baines as backup,
new dominant, baller at cb
creative, tempo setting centre mid
backup right back with a view to taking over from seamus long term
new striker, ideally someone quick and technically good as an alternative/partner to tosun and niasse
Five or 6 players is a bit more than a few tweaks mate > 125 / 150 mil.

I do agree by the way, but there`ll have to be a few "major " outs too.

Wanyama only had 11 starts for Spurs this year; got that physical side to him and mobile across the middle of the pitch. We seem determined to play two holding midfielders to protect our soft centre at the back, only 26 & the dough we now offer sure to get a pay rise.

Before you tell me why he ain’t good enough for us we’d have to convince him we’re good enough for him. We lack a domineering midfielder and since Schneiderlin has shown no appetite for the demands of his position and Beni/Davies are on a learning curve there’s a vacant place in our midfield that needs filling, as well as the obvious calls at LB, CB, bizarrely a new reserve keeper as both Joel & Koeman’s favour are both on the way out & another option up top is required, when we’re deep which happens often we lack options up top - crying out for pace that can get behind a defence, not sure relying on Walcott will be enough. But to get a hold on a game we need a more robust midfield that shields the back four/five/three and brings the more offensive players into the game with quality balls.

Can’t see Schneiderlin staying, McCarthy’s hamstrings don’t do full seasons, Beni is learning, Davies has legs and picks a pass but doesn’t win many loose balls, like Rooney when he’s deep needs to be given the ball. Klaassen falls into that camp for me, so I can see why we were keen on N’Zonzi but I’d say Wanyama is a huge improvement on what we have there currently.

Wanyama only had 11 starts for Spurs this year; got that physical side to him and mobile across the middle of the pitch. We seem determined to play two holding midfielders to protect our soft centre at the back, only 26 & the dough we now offer sure to get a pay rise.

Before you tell me why he ain’t good enough for us we’d have to convince him we’re good enough for him. We lack a domineering midfielder and since Schneiderlin has shown no appetite for the demands of his position and Beni/Davies are on a learning curve there’s a vacant place in our midfield that needs filling, as well as the obvious calls at LB, CB, bizarrely a new reserve keeper as both Joel & Koeman’s favour are both on the way out & another option up top is required, when we’re deep which happens often we lack options up top - crying out for pace that can get behind a defence, not sure relying on Walcott will be enough. But to get a hold on a game we need a more robust midfield that shields the back four/five/three and brings the more offensive players into the game with quality balls.

Can’t see Schneiderlin staying, McCarthy’s hamstrings don’t do full seasons, Beni is learning, Davies has legs and picks a pass but doesn’t win many loose balls, like Rooney when he’s deep needs to be given the ball. Klaassen falls into that camp for me, so I can see why we were keen on N’Zonzi but I’d say Wanyama is a huge improvement on what we have there currently.
Rather a ball player in the middle than a brute, we desperately lack guile

Really hope so wanted us to sign him for some time.
I agree on not signing forwards in the summer need to sort a centre half left back & centre mid I’d spend whatever we have on 3 players no more.

Him and his dad keep liking tweets I've said asking when he's gonna come here lol

Just realised you mean Kevin Campbell ffs. Was trying to work out how the other Super Kev had an 18 year old!

He's the spit of his dad actually mate, plays like him too.

Be made up if we signed him, given how close his dad is to the fans/club still reckon he'd jump at the chance.

Top scorer in the under 23s league as well...

Sounds like Blackburn are sounding out DCL on a season long loan if they come up to the Championship, must have plans for another striker as I still believe the prince will be going to pastures new in the summer, especially if Palace goes down and Benteke goes to China

Status
Not open for further replies.