Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd give Klaassen a chance under a new manager, Vlasic should definitely stay too, the boy has got something. Lookman is boss and should start next year.

Do however think the following need punting asap: Schneiderlin, Williams, Martina, McCarthy (permanent-crock), Stekelenburg or Joel, Mirallas, Basic, Sandro or Niasse (not arsed which) and Mangala.

That leaves us with roughly 21 first teamers.

Buy a new first choice LB, CB, and a CM who can play a bit but is more agile than Rooney to go alongside Gana, and we don't look so bad all of a sudden.

It's more about the outs, and replacing some ageing first teamers. Might need two centre backs if Jags goes.

Providing we sell the right players we can realistically bring in 3-4 good players without massive investment from Moshiri:

Schneirderlin- £15 million
Bolasie/Lookman whichever is to leave - £15 million
Mirallas - £4 million
Besic - £3 million
Sandro - £6 million
Klaassan - £10 million
Vlasic - £5 million
Galloway?
Browning?
Garbutt?
Jags - Free
Williams - Free

Could probably make about £60-70 million from player sales and reinvest in the following necessities:

LM - anyone with pace who can offer threat and be direct like walcott/Son from the wings

LB- someone like Bertrand/Tierney would be good business

CB- need to sign someone who could forge a good long term partnership with Keane - someone like De Vrij or a no nonsense CB from Germany/Italy

CM - a box to box physical grock who can get about the pitch and support Gana in a similiar mode to Matic - Nzonzi or someone of that ilk.

We'll likely have to be spending another £80-100 million this summer to simply establish 7th again but thankfully we should have enough money from outgoings to cover the bulk of these deals.

Why would you sell Lookman when what you described is basically him in the LM position?I would sooner Bolasie went, someone will pay 10-15m. Lookman has big potential. I would sooner punt our manager than sell him. Agree with most of the rest although we desperately need a striker too.

I'm not expecting major changes StevonFrandel.

we don't exactly need them being totally honest mate.

centre back who can pass a ball a bit, left back whose got pace, centre mid who can play that Barry role but who has legs and can pass well, and another pacey player.

Take Fonseca for example, he'd likely want to add someone who plays similar to the way fred does at that team, get pace in at left back, one cb who is comfortable on the ball and a bit of trickery in the attacking third (like Bernard provides).

The rest of that Shakhtar team is really just players who know their place in the system and aren't being asked to do things they can't.

Could argue that Lookman/Vlasic could do the Bernard role with the right coaching/manager as well.

Tierney or similar, Fred or similar style, any of a dozen cb's like DeVrij/Manolas or numerous others, and then a Richarlison type player.

All doable deals - if not for those specific players at least for players who have similar attributes you need for the system etc.

We have Sigurdsson, Gueye, Coleman, Walcott, Tosun, Pickford, who IMO anyway are as good as a lot of players who are in the last 16 of the CL at teams like Shahktar/Roma/Sevilla etc. Put in players to fill the holes who are of similar or better quality to those players and who gel with them and the team doesn't need major surgery on it.

Just needs someone who has a clue how to build a side which walsh clearly doesn't.

I'd give Klaassen a chance under a new manager, Vlasic should definitely stay too, the boy has got something. Lookman is boss and should start next year.

Do however think the following need punting asap: Schneiderlin, Williams, Martina, McCarthy (permanent-crock), Stekelenburg or Joel, Mirallas, Basic, Sandro or Niasse (not arsed which) and Mangala.

Buy a new first choice LB, CB, and a CM who can play a bit but is more agile than Rooney to go alongside Gana, and we don't look so bad all of a sudden.

It's more about the outs, and replacing some ageing first teamers. Might need two centre backs if Jags goes.

Pretty much my thoughts, cb, think if we got in a quality one back there whose also a good organizer etc, then Keane, Holgate and Mori would be adequate for us really mate, BUT would have to be one whose bloody good like (City for example had Kompany carrying some average cb's over the years and he improved every one whilst they played along him) - same goes for spurs with Vertonghan, and going back Adams etc did that with Arsenal.

Why would you sell Lookman when what you described is basically him in the LM position?I would sooner Bolasie went, someone will pay 10-15m. Lookman has big potential. I would sooner punt our manager than sell him. Agree with most of the rest although we desperately need a striker too.

I just think Lookman will want a move away mate and hasnt settled (I also think he's not good enough at present to be an established first teamer and seems more effective off the bench). I personally would like to see Tosun given a full season as the number 1 forward and Niasse kept as a super sub. If funds are limited I think there are currently 3-4 other positions that are a priority at the moment. LB and CB are essential as is a CM partner to Gueye.

Kinda easier to look at the squad and realise we don't need and won't go for certain spots now.

We won't be bringing in a starting player for any of these spots keeper (pickford), right back (coleman), defensive mid (Gueye), striker (Tosun), right winger (walcott) or 'playmaker' (sigurdsson).

I just think Lookman will want a move away mate and hasnt settled (I also think he's not good enough at present to be an established first teamer and seems more effective off the bench). I personally would like to see Tosun given a full season as the number 1 forward and Niasse kept as a super sub. If funds are limited I think there are currently 3-4 other positions that are a priority at the moment. LB and CB are essential as is a CM partner to Gueye.

Reckon we will bring in Super Kevs son this summer, lads tearing it up in the under 23's just started to get games for the senior side at Stoke and is out of contract this summer - only 18 like though. Probably only cost a few million most in compensation as well.

Besides for that reckon we won't do much striekr wise, Tosun will start, Walcott will be a plan B, Onyekuru can play through the centre at times, DCL will remain here as an option and maybe even Niasse - although reckon we will cash in on him personally

Reckon we will bring in Super Kevs son this summer, lads tearing it up in the under 23's just started to get games for the senior side at Stoke and is out of contract this summer - only 18 like though. Probably only cost a few million most in compensation as well.

Besides for that reckon we won't do much striekr wise, Tosun will start, Walcott will be a plan B, Onyekuru can play through the centre at times, DCL will remain here as an option and maybe even Niasse - although reckon we will cash in on him personally
His son was born while he was playing for us as well so he's an Evertonian by birth.

He's going to be very good.

Spot on

Just realised you mean Kevin Campbell ffs. Was trying to work out how the other Super Kev had an 18 year old!

we don't exactly need them being totally honest mate.

centre back who can pass a ball a bit, left back whose got pace, centre mid who can play that Barry role but who has legs and can pass well, and another pacey player.

Take Fonseca for example, he'd likely want to add someone who plays similar to the way fred does at that team, get pace in at left back, one cb who is comfortable on the ball and a bit of trickery in the attacking third (like Bernard provides).

The rest of that Shakhtar team is really just players who know their place in the system and aren't being asked to do things they can't.

Could argue that Lookman/Vlasic could do the Bernard role with the right coaching/manager as well.

Tierney or similar, Fred or similar style, any of a dozen cb's like DeVrij/Manolas or numerous others, and then a Richarlison type player.

All doable deals - if not for those specific players at least for players who have similar attributes you need for the system etc.

We have Sigurdsson, Gueye, Coleman, Walcott, Tosun, Pickford, who IMO anyway are as good as a lot of players who are in the last 16 of the CL at teams like Shahktar/Roma/Sevilla etc. Put in players to fill the holes who are of similar or better quality to those players and who gel with them and the team doesn't need major surgery on it.

Just needs someone who has a clue how to build a side which walsh clearly doesn't.

I think we need less than that really mate. What is needed is continuity and players being allowed to develop together. If you look at the 11 out yesterday, to me it's pretty comfortably the 7th best team in the league, if not the 6th best. There are also a number of young players, such as Lookman, DCL, Dowell, Beni, Vlasic, Holgate who are not involved who we can only hope will develop into good first team players.

A big issue will be the age of some of the players. Jagielka can't go on forever. A decision needs to be made on Mori. Put Keane next to a lad with some pace and he looks a different player. Likewise with Baines, he remains a very good left back, but he can't go on forever, so we need a left back. Rooney is the 3rd factor, whether we play with a deep lying playmaker is still to be seen. Whether Beni or Davies can continue to kick on needs to be questioned.

The squad looks well balanced now we are getting people fit. We are in the top half, under a poor manager, having had 3 this season and while being able to count on 1 hand the players playing to potential. Get a more attack minded, youth orientated manager in and players improving and playing to their best and the 7th above gets better.

I like Tosun up top, more impressed with him with each game. Unfortunately looks like Sandro will go, but I'd have happily kept him Niasse and DCL as our striking options. Good variety there, 2 young forwards who will get better and a poacher who works his socks off.

I reiterate though, what this summer needs is some contunuity in an effort for people to get used to playing together. I think a lot of these players will kick on in their second season at the club. I include Pickford in that.

Really hope so wanted us to sign him for some time.
I agree on not signing forwards in the summer need to sort a centre half left back & centre mid I’d spend whatever we have on 3 players no more.

I hope Walsh continued to identify good young players for the 23's and has the confidence to complete deals. Ideally we get a proper DOF above him who is adept at squad/financial management, and his job is to identify 3-4 top talents each window for us to go and recruit, which he seems ok at.

sounds mad given the way the seasons panned out but we really are a few tweaks away from being a decent side.
With a decent manager in i'd say 5-6 players would give us quality and depth:
new lb with baines as backup,
new dominant, baller at cb
creative, tempo setting centre mid
backup right back with a view to taking over from seamus long term
new striker, ideally someone quick and technically good as an alternative/partner to tosun and niasse

Status
Not open for further replies.