Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
In London today, waiting for the train home, I went to get some fresh air outside Euston at about 16:30, I saw Steve Walsh in Cafe Rouge with two men, didn’t recognise either of them, I walked over for a closer look and noticed a 4th man, Sam Allardyce, who is not as fat in real life as he appears on the telly, though his head is massive.

They walked past me and into the station after much hand shaking with the two unknown men, possibly agreeing a transfer or buying a racehorse, we just don’t know. They are probably on this train, though I am in standard class and I guess they will be in first
Maybe the BFS was booking some speaking engagements and getting Walsh in on it as his warm up/fluffer.

Maybe the BFS was booking some speaking engagements and getting Walsh in on it as his warm up/fluffer.
Could be, I was googling premier league agents to see if any of them looked like the guys I saw, but none of them did. Then I though maybe they were sorting out another nice trip somewhere, maybe to Russia for the World Cup or something where wash can "discover" some fresh talent that no one has heard of? I hear there is a young lad for Brazil called Neymar, who is quite good, maybe wash could discover him at the World Cup :p:D:coffee:

Johnny Evans said to have a 3 million release clause if (when) WBA are relegated.

Probably not a popular shout, but i’d be in for that. Be surprised if Jags or Williams are here in August.

His transfer has grown on me tbh, especially at that fee.
I thought he would have been better around the time we bought Funes Mori.

However he's 31 in January. Good player but it would be a short term option and I wouldn't fancy another Williams situation on our hands.

Johnny Evans said to have a 3 million release clause if (when) WBA are relegated.

Probably not a popular shout, but i’d be in for that. Be surprised if Jags or Williams are here in August.
I'd take Evans over Keane any day, and for that fee it's surely a no-brainer.

Quietly hoping that Pellegrino takes Saints down so we could snap up a player or two on the cheap. Bertrand could be a great fit considering our left-back deficiency. Wouldn't mind a bit of that Boufal either, reckon he'd be agitating for a move.

Last edited:
Our first priority in the transfer window is a new Manager and a new DOF... Until those have been made we can't be considering any players.
Why do we need a DOF?
Just get rid of both of them plus Little Fat Sam and Shakespeare and spend as big as we can on a top class manager and tell him:
1. You have complete control of ALL footballing matters;
2. We only sign players you personally think are right for your style of play;
3. Go to win every game, home and away....if we lose trying then that’s a huge improvement;
4. Get the fans onside by playing adventurous football, playing form players and being honest in post match assessments.

Those four things will have us moving back towards where we want to be. I just can’t see how a really top manager can work properly with a DOF unless he chooses him personally.

Quietly hoping that Pellegrino takes Saints down so we could snap up a player or two on the cheap. Bertrand could be a great fit considering our left-back deficiency. Wouldn't mind a bit of that Boufal either, reckon he'd be agitating for a move.
Mate, we bought Pickford for 30m, the RS got Wijnaldum or however you spell it for 30-35m. Theres no more "we can get a good player when they go down cheaply" anymore. Hasn't been for awhile.

Providing we sell the right players we can realistically bring in 3-4 good players without massive investment from Moshiri:

Schneirderlin- £15 million
Bolasie/Lookman whichever is to leave - £15 million
Mirallas - £4 million
Besic - £3 million
Sandro - £6 million
Klaassan - £10 million
Vlasic - £5 million
Galloway?
Browning?
Garbutt?
Jags - Free
Williams - Free

Could probably make about £60-70 million from player sales and reinvest in the following necessities:

LM - anyone with pace who can offer threat and be direct like walcott/Son from the wings

LB- someone like Bertrand/Tierney would be good business

CB- need to sign someone who could forge a good long term partnership with Keane - someone like De Vrij or a no nonsense CB from Germany/Italy

CM - a box to box physical grock who can get about the pitch and support Gana in a similiar mode to Matic - Nzonzi or someone of that ilk.

We'll likely have to be spending another £80-100 million this summer to simply establish 7th again but thankfully we should have enough money from outgoings to cover the bulk of these deals.

Providing we sell the right players we can realistically bring in 3-4 good players without massive investment from Moshiri:

Schneirderlin- £15 million
Bolasie/Lookman whichever is to leave - £15 million
Mirallas - £4 million
Besic - £3 million
Sandro - £6 million
Klaassan - £10 million
Vlasic - £5 million
Galloway?
Browning?
Garbutt?
Jags - Free
Williams - Free

Could probably make about £60-70 million from player sales and reinvest in the following necessities:

LM - anyone with pace who can offer threat and be direct like walcott/Son from the wings

LB- someone like Bertrand/Tierney would be good business

CB- need to sign someone who could forge a good long term partnership with Keane - someone like De Vrij or a no nonsense CB from Germany/Italy

CM - a box to box physical grock who can get about the pitch and support Gana in a similiar mode to Matic - Nzonzi or someone of that ilk.

We'll likely have to be spending another £80-100 million this summer to simply establish 7th again but thankfully we should have enough money from outgoings to cover the bulk of these deals.

Selling Klassen for a 15m loss after one season would be mental
Selling Lookman when he's just 20/21 would be mental
Selling Vlasic for half what we paid for him less than 9 months after buying him would be mental

Selling Vlasic, Lookman and Klassen for a combined fee of around 30m in this current market would be absolutely froot lop standards of mental

No one will pay anything for Mirallas, they know we don't want him and will be willing to loan him out the remainder of his contract, hence he will be bounced to Turkey/Greece on loans next season.
Similarly Sandro is on around 100k pw, no one is matching those wages and paying a transfer fee on top, we may be stuck with him or at best loaning him out for a year or two to get a fee in and some wages covered at best mate.
Galloway, Browing and Garbutt would fethc nothing in fees, two have utterly failed on every loan they have had and ended up dropped from championship struggling sides, the other is long term injured already with his contract up soon i believe.

Similarly doubt anyone would pick up williams from us, he has at least one year left after this, why would he accpet a pay off to leave on a free, and no one will be giving us money when they'd have to cover 80k pw wages he'd be asking for.

Selling Klassen for a 15m loss after one season would be mental
Selling Lookman when he's just 20/21 would be mental
Selling Vlasic for half what we paid for him less than 9 months after buying him would be mental

Selling Vlasic, Lookman and Klassen for a combined fee of around 30m in this current market would be absolutely froot lop standards of mental

No one will pay anything for Mirallas, they know we don't want him and will be willing to loan him out the remainder of his contract, hence he will be bounced to Turkey/Greece on loans next season.
Similarly Sandro is on around 100k pw, no one is matching those wages and paying a transfer fee on top, we may be stuck with him or at best loaning him out for a year or two to get a fee in and some wages covered at best mate.
Galloway, Browing and Garbutt would fethc nothing in fees, two have utterly failed on every loan they have had and ended up dropped from championship struggling sides, the other is long term injured already with his contract up soon i believe.

Similarly doubt anyone would pick up williams from us, he has at least one year left after this, why would he accpet a pay off to leave on a free, and no one will be giving us money when they'd have to cover 80k pw wages he'd be asking for.

Its all good saying this but the new manager in the summer will want to cut the size of the squad with no European football and they wont be having deadwood around the gaff.

Klaassan will be off guaranteed and one of Bolasie or Lookman will also go - I personally hope Lookman stays but the new manager will not have one sat on the bench sulking game after game and neither currently offer enough output to suggest they would be safe when a new man comes in and wants there own personnel coming in.

Sandro will drop his wages he's desperate for a return back to Spain- he'll be offloaded for about what we paid to a Malaga/Betis type side guaranteed.

You forget plenty of clubs in the championship with cash on the hip - Villa, Boro and Sunderland pay players daft wages. Williams would be snapped up for a club looking to try push for promotion Boro are paying Assambolonga bloody 50k a week and paid £14 million for him. Boro will likely take Besic on a permanent.

The 3 kids will all go for undisclosed 750k type moves to lower league sides.

Only one who might not go is Mirallas and Vlasic other than loan deals as you say but make no mistake big changes will be made this summer window.

Its all good saying this but the new manager in the summer will want to cut the size of the squad with no European football and they wont be having deadwood around the gaff.

Klaassan will be off guaranteed and one of Bolasie or Lookman will also go - I personally hope Lookman stays but the new manager will not have one sat on the bench sulking game after game and neither currently offer enough output to suggest they would be safe when a new man comes in and wants there own personnel coming in.

Sandro will drop his wages he's desperate for a return back to Spain- he'll be offloaded for about what we paid to a Malaga/Betis type side guaranteed.

You forget plenty of clubs in the championship with cash on the hip - Villa, Boro and Sunderland pay players daft wages. Williams would be snapped up for a club looking to try push for promotion Boro are paying Assambolonga bloody 50k a week and paid £14 million for him. Boro will likely take Besic on a permanent.

The 3 kids will all go for undisclosed 750k type moves to lower league sides.

Only one who might not go is Mirallas and Vlasic other than loan deals as you say but make no mistake big changes will be made this summer window.

All depends who comes in as manager and who comes in as DoF really though mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.