Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pundits on TV (Owen was one I vividly remember) were saying it as well, how he'd established himself as Belgium's no.1 striker in Benteke's absence (had a broken leg at the time). Completely ignoring the fact that he was coming off a season where he'd only scored 5 or 6 goals in over 30 appearances in Ligue 1 and was viewed as a pariah by Lille supporters. Lukaku had just scored 16 goals for us and 17 the year before that for West Brom.

Muppets, the RS were waxing lyrical about this lad and then Klopp, who didn't buy him, quickly say how crap he was and binned him off. He's still there now in their reserves because no one wants him, he did absolutely nothing in Germany last season. How Everton of us to allow him to score in a derby, it was a 20 yarder that looked far better than it was because Joel stood perfectly still and watched it go past him.

Utterly rubbish player.
Joel was soo far out of position it was ridiculous.. Meaning even origi couldn't fail to put it over him.

Some very tenuous links (The Mirror) of Dzeko wanting to come back to England, I'd be all over that personally. 32 but still one of the best target men in the world, good for at least 2 more seasons and would give us another dimension.
While I agree he would be good for us I don’t think he fits the profile that Brands /Silva wants
They seem to want young players that buy into their “project “
If Silva intends playing Ricarlison up front then signing Dzeko would slow his progress and I doubt Dzeko would come to sit on the bench
I think Ricarlison is more than happy to give it a go up front as he sees it as his way into the Brazilian team , he’s not replacing Neymar on the left any time soon
If Ricarlison is replaced at CF where does he play , the Little I’ve seen of Bernard suggests he has to play every game when available so where does that leave Ricarlison
I agree though that the thought of Dzeko and Mina and Zouma on the end of Siggys corners would be special , I just don’t see it happening

Status
Not open for further replies.