Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
But they wouldn’t have come here would they? There isn’t an Everton in any dimension that spends £30m on a young CB from Holland.

But spends 23mil on Davy Klaassen :eek:
more on keane
even more on Bolasie :eek:
and still more on Sigurdsson :eek:

Ashley Williams is on a reported 75 grand a week and cost 12 million.

Not saying I want Mangala, but if we do sign him it will be at a very low cost and low risk as a result.

He isn't good enough. He doesn't give us, anything we don't already have. Not arsed if he is a signed on a free, either.

At this stage we have 3 centre backs that will be competing for starting spots next year: Keane, Holgate, Mori. Lets go out on a limb and make the fourth centre back, the most productive one and not one who may be hit or miss. Otherwise we won't improve, we will just stagnate. Essentially, the signing should be everything we wanted Williams to be 2 years ago (with age being the variable).

Ashley Williams is on a reported 75 grand a week and cost 12 million.

Not saying I want Mangala, but if we do sign him it will be at a very low cost and low risk as a result.
He signed for city for something like 40 million euros there's no way he's on as little as 80 k week, secondly if anything free agents demand higher salaries and huge signing on fees since there new clubs won't be paying a transfer fee so he'll be expecting much more and finally mangala is absolutely gash and should be nowhere near this club

He isn't good enough. He doesn't give us, anything we don't already have. Not arsed if he is a signed on a free, either.

At this stage we have 3 centre backs that will be competing for starting spots next year: Keane, Holgate, Mori. Lets go out on a limb and make the fourth centre back, the most productive one and not one who may be hit or miss. Otherwise we won't improve, we will just stagnate. Essentially, the signing should be everything we wanted Williams to be 2 years ago (with age being the variable).

We hopefully will have moved from Jags Williams and Keane to Holgate Mori plus 2 others. I’d prefer Keane to be sold but probably won’t happen. Feel as though it should be a top left sided partner for Holgate but could easily be Mori and Keane first choice then a reserve fourth brought in which Mangala would be fine for.

He signed for city for something like 40 million euros there's no way he's on as little as 80 k week, secondly if anything free agents demand higher salaries and huge signing on fees since there new clubs won't be paying a transfer fee so he'll be expecting much more and finally mangala is absolutely gash and should be nowhere near this club
I remember it being reported we are paying all his wages and that came to 80 grand a week, no hard proof on that mind.

If he is on 80 grand then there aren't many clubs outside of the Premier League that could afford to increase or even maintain his wages. 50-60 grand seems fair to me.

On your last point, he would really only come in as 4th choice which would be fine by me.

Lanzini
Loftus Cheek
Leko

The triple L is currently my summer hit list. We need a center half and left back, haven't decided on them yet, Hoedt is a strong front runner reminds me of Alderweireld, also a fan of Gibson at Boro. Something to be said for Craig Dawson at WBA, bifgger fish i think will be in for Jonny Evans.

I also would like Zaha but see him also going to bigger fish, the time there was last summer as i was banging on about and we have Walcott now, while Lookman and Vlasic need a pathway to develop.

Last edited:

Keane Williams Jagielka and Holgate will most likely get us 8th place.
Keane Mori Holgate and Mangala are a better grouping IMO.

Lanzini
Loftus Cheek
Leko

The triple L is currently my summer hit list. We need a center half and left back, haven't decided on them yet, Hoedt is a strong front runner reminds we of Alderweireld.

..we were linked with Hoedt in the summer when we were after the oddity of a CB who could play LB.

We should have signed Hoedt to begin with. He isn't a bulls horn of a LB, but potential to be an awesome CB. Unfortunately just can't see us signing him now, especially given Southampton have retained their premier league status.

Keane Williams Jagielka and Holgate will most likely get us 8th place.
Keane Mori Holgate and Mangala are a better grouping IMO.
I'd rather neither.

The first bunch would more likely get us 18th, than 8th.

The second bunch minus Mangala, will be fine. Unless the new manager (or forbid it ALlardyce) decide that a Mori/Keane or a Mori/Holgate partnership is adequate in which case he may go after a Mangala type. But I certainly hope not.

I'd rather neither.

The first bunch would more likely get us 18th, than 8th.

The second bunch minus Mangala, will be fine. Unless the new manager (or forbid it ALlardyce) decide that a Mori/Keane or a Mori/Holgate partnership is adequate in which case he may go after a Mangala type. But I certainly hope not.
The first bunch is on course to finish 8th, THIS season.

Status
Not open for further replies.