Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would rather see De Ligt and Holgate a thousand times before I see Williams of Keane in a back 4 again.

If only we had signed De Ligt 18months ago like I suggested...or Sanchez prior to his spurs move...again like I suggested.

We'd actually have a good partnership with Holgate ready.

The first two squad incomings I'm most bothered about are dowell and lookman.

This nothing of a season would have been a perfect time for them to iron out confidence and attitude issues they may have had with regards to playing in the first team. I appreciate that we perhaps owed it to bolasie to give him a chance after such a bad injury and Rooney also perhaps deserved to play after his decent first half of the season, but on reflection I think it would have been beneficial to have been able to swap in these two talented youngsters at the times when other senior players have struggled, both to build up their confidence and to put pressure on the players that have been given a go, also the competition for places may have helped to motivate other youngsters like Davies too.

I really do hope dowell and lookman are given more of a go next season, even if it doesn't work out for them here.

The first two squad incomings I'm most bothered about are dowell and lookman.

This nothing of a season would have been a perfect time for them to iron out confidence and attitude issues they may have had with regards to playing in the first team. I appreciate that we perhaps owed it to bolasie to give him a chance after such a bad injury and Rooney also perhaps deserved to play after his decent first half of the season, but on reflection I think it would have been beneficial to have been able to swap in these two talented youngsters at the times when other senior players have struggled, both to build up their confidence and to put pressure on the players that have been given a go, also the competition for places may have helped to motivate other youngsters like Davies too.

I really do hope dowell and lookman are given more of a go next season, even if it doesn't work out for them here.

I had forgotten just quite how rank the Ayew brothers are as well.

Also not totally convinced with Alfie Mawson.

Jordan ayew has been a fantastic player for Swansea tbh, the only one who's looked premier league class. Mawson is a poorer stones but maybe a tad better defender. I think he'd make a great defensive mid for someone, bit like David Luiz though you wouldn't want him at centre back.

To be honest I'm more interested in seeing who we can get rid of this summer. It's a long list.

Very true

We are looking at question marks on the foloowing

Williams
Rooney
Schneiderlin
Joel-pretty much gone
Stekelenberg
Funes Mori
Niasse
Klaassen
Garbutt
Browning
Galloway
Pennington
Sandro
Besic
Mirallas
Lookman
Dowell

Obviously there are some we would all like to keep - Dowell & Lookman, but if we ditch the rest of them and only bring maybe 4-5 max players in, our wage bill is looking so much healthier

Status
Not open for further replies.