Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one of the most unprofessional squads in the league. As talented as they might be I wouldn’t want to add Evans and Wilshere to that unless we got rid of the likes of Williams Rooney Schneiderlin etc. first.

Actually a fairly good point, throw into the mix 1 or 2 players who have a higher opinion of themselves (Walcott, Mirallas, Bolasie etc) then we have a squad full of prima donnas, talented but unprofesional, and whiney selfish players.
Its probably only the younger lads, who seem to have that grounded but profesional and confident attitude, lets hope the "seniors" dont disilusion them

Actually a fairly good point, throw into the mix 1 or 2 players who have a higher opinion of themselves (Walcott, Mirallas, Bolasie etc) then we have a squad full of prima donnas, talented but unprofesional, and whiney selfish players.
Its probably only the younger lads, who seem to have that grounded but profesional and confident attitude, lets hope the "seniors" dont disilusion them
Woah woah woah, why is Walcott getting thrown in to this?

Looking forward to Ramos and Varane next year then! Get in.

We need to realise we're absolutely awful and chances are we'll have Allardyce in charge next season. Time to adjust your expectations Sir.
Sam won’t be staying. Abd you would rather have prowse for 20mil than Wilshire on a free.

I can see where your expectations are, the championship here we come.

I would immediately take Ward-Prowse and Bertrand from Saints and Evans and Hegazi from WBA. Would be massive upgrades on Jagielka, Williams, Baines and Rooney. Not championing JWP to waltz into the starting eleven but he's young and full of potential imo. Could probably get all four for 50m, which could, at least 2/3 of it, be offset by getting rid of Jagielka, Williams, one of Keane/Mori, Schneiderin and Rooney.

Evans, Hegazi, Holgate plus the other from Mori/Keane would be good options for a domestic season next year.

Bertrand in place of Baines to start.

JWP to challenge Davies to push for a central midfield spot, but neither should be starting for us next season.

We have done very well signing players from relegated sides in the past

Oh wait no we haven’t.
Is there a thread about ambition somewhere

All of them 3 need to go, with quite a few more.
Let’s hope the new manger and DOF are ruthless, because they need to be
Just to let everybody know at 150 k a week Mr Wayne Rooney is going nowhere unles the Chinese or the Yanks fancy him for commercial reasons and I doubt if Colleen fancies a move abroad , new house to furnish and stuff with the kids

Sam won’t be staying. Abd you would rather have prowse for 20mil than Wilshire on a free.

I can see where your expectations are, the championship here we come.
No mate. I'd rather have both of them because we need a squad. Prowse is better than Davies, Wilshire is better than Rooney. Davies and Browse as squad options would be better than fat arse Rooney and Schneiderlin on the bench or even worse starting.

Woah woah woah, why is Walcott getting thrown in to this?

Just always thought he has the aura of self grandour. His constant wanting to play centre forward, his playing well every time a new contract at arsenal was questionible
For me, he's always been very meh, and hs attitude is what has kept him from being tat top top player

Just to let everybody know at 150 k a week Mr Wayne Rooney is going nowhere unles the Chinese or the Yanks fancy him for commercial reasons and I doubt if Colleen fancies a move abroad , new house to furnish and stuff with the kids

i would say similar with big Morgs! Whats he on 100k-120k a week, only team in France willing to pay that wont want him.
Marseille wont pay that amount, either will Lyon or Nice. Only way i can see getting rid of him is a loan and us picking up the wage bill

We have done very well signing players from relegated sides in the past

Oh wait no we haven’t.
Is there a thread about ambition somewhere

We kind of have done well signing from relegated teams though mate, both Jagielka and Lescott where signed after their teams went down for example. Currently Pickford also and Gueye, whose a very good buy from us.

Meanwhile who actually have we signed from relegated teams lately, besides Pickford whose been the best player this season at the club... Sigurdsson, Williams, Keane, Walcott, Rooney, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

None came from a relegated side mate?

Last edited:
Just always thought he has the aura of self grandour. His constant wanting to play centre forward, his playing well every time a new contract at arsenal was questionible
For me, he's always been very meh, and hs attitude is what has kept him from being tat top top player
Has shown absolutely no evidence of that here and is head and shoulders above the rest of our team. Seems a good lad and pro. The wanting to play centre forward part i agree with him, whenever he played through the middle he done well at Arsenal just they have always seemed to have top drawer strikers at the club so he gets pushed out wide. Anyway he's been a bright spark in a crap season for me

No mate. I'd rather have both of them because we need a squad. Prowse is better than Davies, Wilshire is better than Rooney. Davies and Browse as squad options would be better than fat arse Rooney and Schneiderlin on the bench or even worse starting.
Wilshire & prowse would’ work as a pair, Wilshire would need a real physical presence alongside him imo.

And I would rather see us go for that type of player.

Wilshire & prowse would’ work as a pair, Wilshire would need a real physical presence alongside him imo.

And I would rather see us go for that type of player.
Nobody is saying buy them to play them as a pair! It's about squad options. And both are better than what we currently have to offer.

He may be a dwarf, but Shaquri has got seven goals and six assists in the league this season, whilst playing for an absolutely turd Stoke side.

I think we will be looking at different areas of the pitch, but he will do well for whoever he signs for. Can see West Ham getting him for a good price.

We kind of have done well signing from relegated teams though mate, both Jagielka and Lescott where signed after their teams went down for example. Currently Pickford also and Gueye, whose a very good buy from us.

Meanwhile who actually have we signed from relegated teams lately, besides Pickford whose been the best player this season at the club... Sigurdsson, Williams, Keane, Walcott, Rooney, Bolasie, Schneiderlin.

Kone Robles Alcaraz

My main point is if we want to challenge the top six we need to be signing better players than those from relegated sides.
Yes we got Gana and Pickford but Gana is not good enough for top six
If you picked a team of the best players from the bottom 14 teams they would struggle to get into the top 4
They may beat Arsenal who are in turmoil but wouldn’t beat a Chelsea side that played at the top of their form or any of the top 4
So we need a different strategy unless we want to stay at the Level of last season where we were best of the rest by a margin.

Status
Not open for further replies.