Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being reported in Portugal, that we sent scouts to watch Moussa Marega (Porto's striker).
Obviously, anything out of Portugal is probably made up. Regardless, Marega stinks. He's basically Big Vic mark II. Worse than Spinal Tap Mark II.

IMG_20180418_132245_358.jpg

Everton's Season

I would immediately take Ward-Prowse and Bertrand from Saints and Evans and Hegazi from WBA. Would be massive upgrades on Jagielka, Williams, Baines and Rooney. Not championing JWP to waltz into the starting eleven but he's young and full of potential imo. Could probably get all four for 50m, which could, at least 2/3 of it, be offset by getting rid of Jagielka, Williams, one of Keane/Mori, Schneiderin and Rooney.

Evans, Hegazi, Holgate plus the other from Mori/Keane would be good options for a domestic season next year.

Bertrand in place of Baines to start.

JWP to challenge Davies to push for a central midfield spot, but neither should be starting for us next season.

I would immediately take Ward-Prowse and Bertrand from Saints and Evans and Hegazi from WBA. Would be massive upgrades on Jagielka, Williams, Baines and Rooney. Not championing JWP to waltz into the starting eleven but he's young and full of potential imo. Could probably get all four for 50m, which could, at least 2/3 of it, be offset by getting rid of Jagielka, Williams, one of Keane/Mori, Schneiderin and Rooney.

Evans, Hegazi, Holgate plus the other from Mori/Keane would be good options for a domestic season next year.

JWP to challenge Davies to push for a central midfield spot, but neither should be starting for us next season.

Drugs are bad kids.

Evans and Bertrand can come. Hard pass on the other two.

Certainly pass on the other two. Gotta believe we can find a left back cheaper with upside elsewhere. Evans would be an improvement, but a new coach may want someone that can distribute better.
Yeah. Evans could replace Williams and/or Jags in my mind, but you may be right. Though, I do think Evans distribution is decent. Bertrand would be a good pickup. Still got 3 or 4 good seasons in him I'd guess.

Drugs are bad kids.
You not see the dog poo representing us this season? Could hardly be worse! We need squad players better than those who've been in our first team, and those I suggested would be cheap upgrades!

Not saying he's got a poor record with youth but he's not exactly long-term manager material so I'm a little worried Sam might have the rule over the future of our younger players:

“Lookman has gone out on loan and there’s a couple of lads at Leeds and Forest and they’ve got to come back in pre-season and we’ve got to ask: ‘Are they good enough to be in our squad?’” Allardyce said.

“They have gone away on loan and have got to return a force at their Premier League club.

“They will come back at the start of pre-season and make an impact on this squad and say ‘I’m ready to challenge this first-team squad’ and if they are that’s fantastic.

“But if they’re not then should we move them on, should we sell them, should we send them out on loan again?

“There are lots and lots of decisions to be made from the 20, 21-year-olds all the way up to the senior squad members.”

You not see the dog poo representing us this season? Could hardly be worse! We need squad players better than those who've been in our first team, and those I suggested would be cheap upgrades!
Even if Southampton go down, they would want 20mil+ for ward prowse & Bertrand. What has prowse really down in 4 years of regular prem football, wouldn’t improve much imo. He’d be a massive waste of money. I do like Bertrand, but he’s nearly for 29 and we need to stop paying big money for players. With only a few years left at the top level.

I would take Evans, purely on the basis he would cost 3mil and is left sided and technically better than what we have. I don’t think him and Keane would work well together though. Both not the quickest.

I hope we stay away from buying British this year. As the prices will be ridiculous. Abd we have already been had off with the likes of Bolasie & sigurdsson. Hopefully the Brands appointment will help us finding talent on the continent.

Even if Southampton go down, they would want 20mil+ for ward prowse & Bertrand. What has prowse really down in 4 years of regular prem football, wouldn’t improve much imo. He’d be a massive waste of money. I do like Bertrand, but he’s nearly for 29 and we need to stop paying big money for players. With only a few years left at the top level.

I would take Evans, purely on the basis he would cost 3mil and is left sided and technically better than what we have. I don’t think him and Keane would work well together though. Both not the quickest.

I hope we stay away from buying British this year. As the prices will be ridiculous. Abd we have already been had off with the likes of Bolasie & sigurdsson. Hopefully the Brands appointment will help us finding talent on the continent.
I like JWP a lot and he's young enough to take a punt on if the price is right. I'm not sure if Southampton will be in a position to keep unhappy players or demand top dollar for them once relegated, but you may be right in that they will cost more than I think.

If we have money to spend, real money, I'd like a middle 20s left back for the next 6/7 years, Evans plus one other real good centre back, plus a top class central midfielder and a top left midfielder. Not too much to ask for is it. :(

I would have Evans for £3m but not if he is the only defender we have walking through the door. Jags and Williams must be punted this summer but let's face it, no tears would be shed if Funes Mori and Keane are following them out. A young, top notch centre back and Evans in for Jags and Williams will be good business imo.

I seriously doubt that we would change all 4 out of our 5 centre backs this summer. Which is concerning me that 1 of Jags or Williams might get a stay of execution.

Status
Not open for further replies.