32. Bolasie (LW)
  33. Mirallas (LW)
  34. Sandro (LW)
  35. Onyekuru (LW) ❌ (loan)
  36. Tosun (ST)
  37. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  38. Niasse (ST)

In: 0

Out: 5 (Robles, Funes Mori, Rooney, Garbutt, Onyekuru)

Current Total: 33

Not a bad start in terms of the clear out. I’d be looking to finalise Tarashaj’s transfer next, then move Galloway & Browning out with Pennington on loan.

That’d be 9 out and the squad down to 29.

Then once we get rid of the likes of Williams, Mirallas, Martina, Besic and Bolasie, the squad will be looking a lot more streamline!

....folk say things happen at Everton on a Friday, let’s see if that’s true of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to The Express and many other publications, Everton are planning a double assault for two Barcelona fringe players, Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina. Everton have been exploring a deal for Mina, whilst the Catalan giants want to recoup as much as possible of the £14m they paid PSG for Left Back Digne. Paul Joyce of The Times has also tweeted Everton’s pursuit of 24 year old French international Digne who has struggled for game time at Nou Camp.

- A number of outlets confirm Everton winger, Henry Onyekuru’s loan deal to Galatasaray.

- TMW report Everton are closing in on a move for AC Milan outcast, Andrea Bertolacci. Everton are set to pay €6m for the Italian international midfielder. 27 year old Bertolacci came through the youth ranks at Roma and spent time last season on loan at Genoa.

- French publication, RMC Sport, report Watford have rejected a £30m bid (£25m with £5m in add-ons) from Everton for midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucouré. The 25 year old had an impressive season at Vicarage Road, scoring 7 goals in 37 league appearances.

- Read Everton website pick up on reports that Everton target, William Carvalho, has agreed personal terms with Real Betis. Despite the contract situation at Sporting Lisbon, the midfielder is expected to cost €25m.

1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Baines (LB)
  8. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  9. Robinson (LB)
  10. Jagielka (CB)
  11. Williams (CB)
  12. Keane (CB)
  13. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  14. Holgate (CB)
  15. Pennington (CB)
  16. Browning (CB)
  17. Galloway (CB)
  18. Gueye (DM)
  19. Baningime (DM)
  20. Schneiderlin (DM)
  21. McCarthy (DM)
  22. Besic (DM)
  23. Klaassen (CM)
  24. Davies (CM)
  25. Rooney (AM) ❌
  26. Sigurdsson (AM)
  27. Dowell (AM)
  28. Tarashaj (AM)
  29. Vlasic (RW)
  30. Walcott (RW)
  31. Lookman (LW)
  32. Bolasie (LW)
  33. Mirallas (LW)
  34. Sandro (LW)
  36. Tosun (ST)
  37. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  38. Niasse (ST)

Not a bad start in terms of the clear out. I’d be looking to finalise Tarashaj’s transfer next, then move Galloway & Browning out with Pennington on loan.

Then once we get rid of the likes of Williams, Mirallas, Martina, Besic and Bolasie, the squad will be looking a lot more streamline!

Good post. Puts things in perspective. I imagine Brands has exactly this list pinned on the wall at his office in FF if not in his mind. Sandro, Niasse, and Klaassen futures still up in the air too.

I think Martina may stay and hope Mirallas will leave even on a free but it would be great if we could shift Bolasie, Williams, and Besic on permanent transfers. We would have to take a significant loss on Bolasie of course, but there it is.

In terms of cost cutting and streamlining, whilst there is a lot of potential savings on wages, the squad list emphasises just how few players would command a decent fee. It will be mostly about loans and that just means we will be recycling some of these players year on year until their contracts run down. It’s messy but no other option.

I still think that whilst we are constrained, it is still more to do with sell/loan before we buy rather than sell to buy.

Only tenuously based on what's been reported, and potentially misinterpreted quotes I reckon there's more chance of digne than Mina.

Sounds like the former wants out.

Whereas the latter is hedging his bets.

Coming off the back of a decent wc I reckon there'll be plenty of interest.

So he'll want to see what teams approach him. Problem for us now is our window shuts earlier than Europe.

We need an answer off him in the next week and If it's not concrete I can see us going elsewere.

Tick tock brands!!!

I said it was Digne earlier who refused to be backup for the France WC squad. Mea culpa. It was Rabiot.

Still don’t know what to make of these links though. Just seems we would have a job on to get either or both Digne/Mina to join us. I’m all for trying though, just as long as it isn’t seen as too much of a long shot with no sign of enthusiasm from the players, or their agents. Time is of the essence and we have to avoid dead ends from here on in.

I watched a fair bit of PSG last season and the season before, Rabiot seems to be quite a player. Haven’t a clue about the two lids we’re after...

1. Pickford (GK)
  2. Robles (GK) ❌
  3. Stekelenberg (GK)
  4. Coleman (RB)
  5. Kenny (RB)
  6. Martina (RB)
  7. Baines (LB)
  8. Garbutt (LB) ❌ (loan)
  9. Robinson (LB)
  10. Jagielka (CB)
  11. Williams (CB)
  12. Keane (CB)
  13. Funes Mori (CB) ❌
  14. Holgate (CB)
  15. Pennington (CB)
  16. Browning (CB)
  17. Galloway (CB)
  18. Gueye (DM)
  19. Baningime (DM)
  20. Schneiderlin (DM)
  21. McCarthy (DM)
  22. Besic (DM)
  23. Klaassen (CM)
  24. Davies (CM)
  25. Rooney (AM) ❌
  26. Sigurdsson (AM)
  27. Dowell (AM)
  28. Tarashaj (AM)
  29. Vlasic (RW)
  30. Walcott (RW)
  31. Lookman (LW)
  32. Bolasie (LW)
  33. Mirallas (LW)
  34. Sandro (LW)
  36. Tosun (ST)
  37. Calvert-Lewin (ST)
  38. Niasse (ST)

Stekelenburg -- Lille?
Bolasie -- Galatasaray?
Besic -- Boro?
Tarashaj -- Grasshoppers?

From the rumoured links, that would take us down to 29.

As you stated, Galloway, Browning, Pennington all out would see us at 26.

Then ideally;
Martina
Williams
Schneiderlin
McCarthy
Klaassen
Mirallas
Bolasie
Sandro

Leaves us with 18 players...2 keepers needed + 5 new signings...

....folk say things happen at Everton on a Friday, let’s see if that’s true of this morning’s Toffee transfer rumours;

- According to The Express and many other publications, Everton are planning a double assault for two Barcelona fringe players, Lucas Digne and Yerry Mina. Everton have been exploring a deal for Mina, whilst the Catalan giants want to recoup as much as possible of the £14m they paid PSG for Left Back Digne. Paul Joyce of The Times has also tweeted Everton’s pursuit of 24 year old French international Digne who has struggled for game time at Nou Camp.

- A number of outlets confirm Everton winger, Henry Onyekuru’s loan deal to Galatasaray.

- TMW report Everton are closing in on a move for AC Milan outcast, Andrea Bertolacci. Everton are set to pay €6m for the Italian international midfielder. 27 year old Bertolacci came through the youth ranks at Roma and spent time last season on loan at Genoa.

- French publication, RMC Sport, report Watford have rejected a £30m bid (£25m with £5m in add-ons) from Everton for midfielder, Abdoulaye Doucouré. The 25 year old had an impressive season at Vicarage Road, scoring 7 goals in 37 league appearances.

- Read Everton website pick up on reports that Everton target, William Carvalho, has agreed personal terms with Real Betis. Despite the contract situation at Sporting Lisbon, the midfielder is expected to cost €25m.

Digne or Tierney at left back would be top class.

Mina, im still unsure how quick he is....?

Status
Not open for further replies.