Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the rumours are we are back to being skint again!

It’s one end of the spectrum to another with Everton. Can we not just be moderately well off all of the time.

There aren't rumours of that at all. Just the same miserable people saying the same things that they always do.

The case is clearly the club being more prudent.

Yes, we don't have as much money to spend as last year but we do have money. We desperately need to get the wage bill down (Robles, RFM and Rooney combined have cleared around 230-240k p/wk, btw) as well as recoup some money in transfer fees where possible.

The other factors are the management need to assess what we already have (no point in signing a striker if Silva thinks Sandro can come good, for example) and there's also been a WC on, which complicates things but not to the point where it's an excuse. It's just another factor.

The only logic would be if Lookman is demanding to leave.

We don't want to sell him. We've rejected their opening bid and Brands has spoke publicly that he wants Lookman to stay.

If the player wants out, and is demanding it, then I imagine we'll have a price that needs to be met.

But I think we very much want to keep him. Hopefully he wants to stay.

Even if he wants to leave i’d Be keeping him tbh. His value is only going one way IMO, i’d tell him to get his head down and if he still wants to leave in a year, then we would consider it.

There aren't rumours of that at all. Just the same miserable people saying the same things that they always do.

The case is clearly the club being more prudent.

Yes, we don't have as much money to spend as last year but we do have money. We desperately need to get the wage bill down (Robles, RFM and Rooney combined have cleared around 230-240k p/wk, btw) as well as recoup some money in transfer fees where possible.

The other factors are the management need to assess what we already have (no point in signing a striker if Silva thinks Sandro can come good, for example) and there's also been a WC on, which complicates things but not to the point where it's an excuse. It's just another factor.
Mori and Rooney you are simply guessing at what the deals involve as the club have said nowt. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still paying towards Rooneys pay.

I think Brands telling all that we need to reduce the size of the squad (I.e. We need to sell) was a mistake as surely that will encourage low/derisory offers and us footing some player wages to get shut.Rooney/Mori going is all fine but we do not know the details of either deal, I bet you who knows though : the agents. We as fans know what players we need so if we are being serious contenders just get them in and take whatever losses we need to to enable us to ship out the deadwood. We will be lucky to get shut of half these players, not cos they are particularly crap (some are )but the mad wages they are on.

Maybe. But let's be honest who is really arsed how much the likes of Bolasie and Williams go for as long as they go?!

We appear to have signed Billy from Big.

6AB3DDE4-854E-47EE-A315-6D923CAF2CEA.jpeg

Mori and Rooney you are simply guessing at what the deals involve as the club have said nowt. I wouldn't be surprised if we are still paying towards Rooneys pay.

It's an educated guess. I imagine we broke even on the fee we paid for Mori, or maybe took a hit of £1m ish.

Rooney's pay. Well, United we contributing a huge part to his wages while he was with us - we were paying £150k and they were covering around 50k I believe. DC have got owners with relatively deep pockets but the MLS deals are actually subsidised by the league itself.

I doubt very much we are still paying him. If anything, it's likely United are paying the 50k still (or whatever it is).

We haven't got a fee for him, though.

Even if he wants to leave i’d Be keeping him tbh. His value is only going one way IMO, i’d tell him to get his head down and if he still wants to leave in a year, then we would consider it.

Yeh I suppose it depends.

If he's adamant he wants to go then do we not just take the money (if the fee we want is met)?

I'm not advocating it, not at all. And I am hopeful that Silva can convince him he's a big part of the plans going forward.

Ijjsmith :

That's why I said "take whatever losses we need to", it's time our billionaire owner started acting like one. I do not know the ins/outs of our finances like some on here claim but he has basically sold the family silver and added a bit of his own dough, I think anyway.

Yeh I suppose it depends.

If he's adamant he wants to go then do we not just take the money (if the fee we want is met)?

I'm not advocating it, not at all. And I am hopeful that Silva can convince him he's a big part of the plans going forward.

Chelsea wanted Stones for £25 million. The lad put a transfer request in.
We told him to stay another season. Ends up getting a much better move and we end up with twice the money.
Lookman shouldn’t be going anywhere.

Wilshere to West Mutants. Thank heavens for that. Swerved an overrated sicknote
He'd instantly have been our best midfielder if he'd have joined us, and you know it. If Bolasie is worthy of a 5-year deal for 80k a week (money spent 27m on transfer and 20m on wages - nearly 50m on this jokester), then Wilshire would definitely have been worthy of a 100k deal over three years (total gamble just over 15m).

Status
Not open for further replies.