Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ijjsmith :

That's why I said "take whatever losses we need to", it's time our billionaire owner started acting like one. I do not know the ins/outs of our finances like some on here claim but he has basically sold the family silver and added a bit of his own dough, I think anyway.

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

737m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

287million English pounds

Love the way you say 287m is a bit of dough.

Can't say I have seen a great deal of Lookman but by the looks of it he has a price that we will sell at. Seems a player that splits opinion but unless it's a massive offer (which isn't looking likely) then keep him.

80m purchase price
45m in debts
40m on Agent fees
52m on managers comp
20m on land
280m in player purchases
220m on wages

737m total outlay

160m in player sales
290 in revenue

450m total incomings

287million English pounds

Love the way you say 287m is a bit of dough.
To be fair I did say I dont know about the finances as you have ably proved. I am sure I have read that he has not put that much in over and above the player sale and the increase in TV money but I am obviously mistaken.

He'd instantly have been our best midfielder if he'd have joined us, and you know it. If Bolasie is worthy of a 5-year deal for 80k a week (money spent 27m on transfer and 20m on wages - nearly 50m on this jokester), then Wilshire would definitely have been worthy of a 100k deal over three years (total gamble just over 15m).

But he isn’t worth it, is he?

He'd instantly have been our best midfielder if he'd have joined us, and you know it. If Bolasie is worthy of a 5-year deal for 80k a week (money spent 27m on transfer and 20m on wages - nearly 50m on this jokester), then Wilshire would definitely have been worthy of a 100k deal over three years (total gamble just over 15m).

Vardy
Wilshere

Those two were nailed on signings if Sam and Walsh stayed. Vardy would have cost us £30m at least. Wilshere a bomb in wages.

I wouldn't have minded Wilshere, but couldn't care less that he's gone to Wham.

Wilshere could be a good signing for West Ham if he stays fit. 100 grand a week is a lot of money though and it's quite telling he's only signed a 3 year deal.

But he isn’t worth it, is he?
Wilshire? He'd have been a brilliant signing! What's a 20m all-in risk nowadays (if he was given 120k a week for example over three years)? He played plenty last season. He's proven miles better than any of our midfielders in his role. West Ham have played another blinder. Having a brilliant transfer window.

Wilshere could be a good signing for West Ham if he stays fit. 100 grand a week is a lot of money though and it's quite telling he's only signed a 3 year deal.

£15,600,000 in basic wages over three years.

Plus a signing on fee.

They've basically paid £17/18m for him.

And like I said, I wouldn't have been against us getting him, but I'm not gutted we haven't got him. He isn't going to turn them into top 6 contenders. They have even more work to do on that front than we do (and we have a heck of a lot of work to do).

Wilshire? He'd have been a brilliant signing! What's a 20m all-in risk nowadays (if he was given 120k a week for example over three years)? He played plenty last season. He's proven miles better than any of our midfielders in his role. West Ham have played another blinder. Having a brilliant transfer window.

Your grasp of our clubs current situation baffles me.

To be fair I did say I dont know about the finances as you have ably proved. I am sure I have read that he has not put that much in over and above the player sale and the increase in TV money but I am obviously mistaken.

Thats the problem mate, people believe what they want to believe.

I mean im almost certain my figures arent accurate, im just a lad on a forum with an NVQ in Business Admin, I have ZERO knowledge of how cashflow works at a top football club nor do I have any real idea on Evertons Ins and Outs.

But the idea that Moshiri hasnt at the very least given us cashflow to make a difference I find quite insulting.

Hes not perfect, hes made some very glaring errors, but not backing us with cash isnt 1 of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.