Summer 2018 Transfer Window

Status
Not open for further replies.
gregg-wallace-gif-6.gif
A very familiar scent.

Only confirmed signing is Diop. Wilshere apparently sighing with a £100k p/week deal... they’re a funny club and certainly no business to envy.
exactly. Diop is a good propect, he has all the tools to do well but as we know there is no guarentee with signings. Wilshere is a good player but that's a lot of money for a guy that might just end up keeping Andy Carrol company in the treatment room.

Wow. This thread has become a mess. Silva just got there. I’m sure he and Brands have plenty of ideas on players, but to see them work for a couple of weeks as well as play in some games makes sense. Relax.

And we will be able to move virtually all our players, we aren’t going to be stuck with anyone if we don’t want to be. It’s a function of how badly we want to be rid of. We will have plenty leaving and a couple coming in. Everything is fine.

The window closes in 4 weeks!

So the rumours are we are back to being skint again!

It’s one end of the spectrum to another with Everton. Can we not just be moderately well off all of the time.

but we have already sold a couple including by far and away our biggest earner, as I have already said I agree with what they are trying to do, but hypothetically if we cannot sell the players they want gone, are we going to not sign anyone? it's a valid question and something to worry about as there seems to be no movement thus far in regards to transfers in

the EXACT same thing happened last season when we sold rom, we had NO striker lined up to replace him and people kept saying don't worry it will happen, stop being bedwetters etc etc, we signed no one and our season was a disaster

Rooney wages won’t be completely off the books. It’s likely we are still paying a substantial chunk.

Mirror saying brands to meet Barcelona again today about Mina.

Hmmmmm

Having said that we may be able to get a loan in prior to outs. Maybe.
Who knows what Marcel is up to, but I bet he has a firmer agenda than Walshy did when he went to Italy.

Maybe he gets Mina.....heck maybe he comes back with Mina and Alcacer. Maybe he gets neither. I believe though that there is an actual plan this time and I am content to let them work their plan.

I think what we are seeing now is discipline, that's not a bad thing (even if from a fans perspective it is a bit frustrating).

Agree with all that except we also need pace and power in central midfield.

I do agree with this but I'd probably add in the need for a leader.

Last season we massively lacked an on-field leadership presence.

We had literally nobody to act as a motivator on the field, to lead the players during a time of mismanagement.

Anyone we bring into those positions needs to have experience. Otherwise we're playing an under 23s squad, and the youth you talk about is wasted.

Don't count on Lookman being here for long. I wouldn't, after how the club have been with him over the last 12 to 18 months. Beni is average, and Davies isn't setting the world alight - he just chases the ball down and wins decisions.

We have a great youth system, but I'm not seeing anything unbelievably great at the moment that's making me feel we don't need new heads.

Love these people who just want a shiny new signing for the sake of it. Complaining about other clubs signing players they’ve never heard of but they must be good because they have an exotic name.

Go and enjoy the World Cup.

Who knows what Marcel is up to, but I bet he has a firmer agenda than Walshy did when he went to Italy.

Maybe he gets Mina.....heck maybe he comes back with Mina and Alcacer. Maybe he gets neither. I believe though that there is an actual plan this time and I am content to let them work their plan.

I think what we are seeing now is discipline, that's not a bad thing (even if from a fans perspective it is a bit frustrating).
...Mr Bean going on holiday had a firmer agenda than Walshy

Status
Not open for further replies.