Subbuteo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha, I never had it but some of the other kids did.......always thought it weird when we were in Liverpool!!

My mate next door always had like every game going. The rugby one was just weird. The scrum was like a tortoise shell with holes in it and you popped the ball in the top then saw which player was at the hole it came out of.

The goal kickers could boot the ball into next week, cant remember how you actually played the game other than a scrum and a kick at goal/the window.

My mate next door always had like every game going. The rugby one was just weird. The scrum was like a tortoise shell with holes in it and you popped the ball in the top then saw which player was at the hole it came out of.

The goal kickers could boot the ball into next week, cant remember how you actually played the game other than a scrum and a kick at goal/the window.

Exactly, good description re. the tortoise shell too ;) There was subbuteo angling too where you flicked the fish on to rods, that must have been even crappierlollol

Started playing this as a teenager in the early 80s with mates and we ran a league. My Everton were inaugural champions but got relegated the following season ffs after leading scorer Adrian Heath was deliberately trodden on by my mate. He was never the same after the balance was affected by glue and suffered persistent injuries where the glue broke easily.

As I grew up I kept the seasons going, even if I had to play against myself. Some point about 20 years ago my subbutteo league transferred to PES to save my knees!

My league is still going and in its 36th season. Coventry City are reigning champions and Derby County are European Champions*. Everton are doing well in the UEFA cup.

*only actual champions allowed obviously.

I used the football heads, a marble and made goals out of Lego.

I commentated in Motson’s voice and played everton (dunc, rideout, amokachi, Watson, southall) v a rest of world team including ronaldo, Gazza and seaman and Henry.

Never had subbuteo.

Started playing this as a teenager in the early 80s with mates and we ran a league. My Everton were inaugural champions but got relegated the following season ffs after leading scorer Adrian Heath was deliberately trodden on by my mate. He was never the same after the balance was affected by glue and suffered persistent injuries where the glue broke easily.

As I grew up I kept the seasons going, even if I had to play against myself. Some point about 20 years ago my subbutteo league transferred to PES to save my knees!

My league is still going and in its 36th season. Coventry City are reigning champions and Derby County are European Champions*. Everton are doing well in the UEFA cup.

*only actual champions allowed.

Brilliant stuff!!

Status
Not open for further replies.