squad number changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 for the americans, anything significant about the number 24? Just wondering why Tim either doesnt want it/or isnt given it:oops:

well , im a traditionalist and i know its petty but imo the squad numbers are just stupid.

number 9 and 10 should be strikers . yak 9 , aj 10 .(the fact a midfeilder is now 10 is insulting to the history of the shirt imo.)

i'm sure number 10 has been a midfield shirt for us in the recent past.

off the top of my head we have had simon davies, gary speed, paul bracewell..

numbers 9 and 8 are more synonymous with strikers. number nine of course, but number 8 was worn by gary lineker and AJ.

that is off the top of my head, so feel free to disprove this with a more thorough search through the annals of time.

I was expecting some more youngster in there, Irving, O Kane, Jukewitz in a notable absentee too.

21 players in that list is telling when you consider that we will be allowed to pick 7 Subs next season.

1 for the americans, anything significant about the number 24? Just wondering why Tim either doesnt want it/or isnt given it:oops:

Don't know to be honest.

I'm guessing that Toxteth's comment about it being the number of one of his favorite athletes is pretty close to the mark.

Good point.

All I know is he likes 24 and it doesn't bother him not wearing the #1. I don't think anything sinister is a foot. Person preference.

I dont know why we should change the numbers,all the fans(kids) with the old number of their hero will be refusing to wear the shirt and demand a new one Ok I accept every time a kit comes out I buy it for my grandson so it's alright for him but what about some one with a few kids.(n)

I dont know why we should change the numbers,all the fans(kids) with the old number of their hero will be refusing to wear the shirt and demand a new one Ok I accept every time a kit comes out I buy it for my grandson so it's alright for him but what about some one with a few kids.(n)

Top Post!;););)

I really hope that doesnt come in to the reckoning as a money making ploy for the club!

Say No, this sort of comment really does my head in. If you cant afford it say No.
I remember a time a when the the boss of the relationship was the mum/dad, how things have changed

Status
Not open for further replies.