squad number changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

I notice that number 9 has not been allocated.

To me its a cherished number.

I think its a good move by Yak / Moyes.

Give it to him next season.

I think DM has already decided to give it to Bent, personally i think the number 9 shirt at Everton should be earned but it would give Bent a confidence boost though

Tim Howard should of got the no1 shirt imo

I think its a bit strange Howard not getting the number 1 shirt as well. He played well last season but they seem to have a strange relationship, last week Howard was saying we should bring in a top quality keeper so maybe he wants a move or doesn't get on with DM.

If thats the case we should have got Carson in, 3m for a 22yo England international is peanuts, maybe i'm reading a bit much into it and hes just confident he can keep his place in the team ahead of anyone but we started getting linked with expensive keepers a few weeks ago like Hennesey and Lewis and i thought it would be crazy to pay that kind of money for a backup keeper

aside from number 9, and perhaps 10 I'm not sure the squad numbers are that important in our squad. Tim Cahill is a key player and he's 17

well , im a traditionalist and i know its petty but imo the squad numbers are just stupid.

the first 11 should be the best 11.
number 9 and 10 should be strikers . yak 9 , aj 10 .(the fact a midfeilder is now 10 is insulting to the history of the shirt imo.)
number 1 should be our best keeper.
arteta should be 7 or 11 imo

(some could say im being stupid but is it anymore stupid to be traditional than it is to give a player a number based on there superstitions and preferances ? )

also has anyone noticed that kissock hasnt been given a number ?
so it looks like he has been added to the first team squad on the os just to make it look like we have more players than we actually are prepared to use.

I don't think that it's Howard not getting the number 1 shirt. I think he wanted the number 24. Probably means something significant to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.