Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Gwlacticos can vouch for @Dublin blue 75 - i am one of the New Jersey Evertonians! Let me know if you want more info on the place - Morristown is a great spot, if you're lookin to get away from the city.

But Turnmill is 100% a great spot! been many a time. Lot of beers on tap, and decent food choices for breakfast (and if you're not a fan, theres plenty of other spots to pick up food in the area)
Thanks for this. Going to go up Turnmills. Missus off to Macy’s.

Traditionally somewhere we don't do very well. Need to keep the unbeaten run going
There was a game under Koeman I think which was one of the worst I’ve ever seen is play, when we were all excited after a big transfer window and expected these to roll over.

If I recall we were dreadful and two down and then Sigurdsson scored a worldy on half time. We all thought ‘we’ll at least we’re only one down now and we can’t play that bad again’. Then they destroyed us again second half and we lost 4-1.

That’s how I remember it anyway, horrible match.

There was a game under Koeman I think which was one of the worst I’ve ever seen is play, when we were all excited after a big transfer window and expected these to roll over.

If I recall we were dreadful and two down and then Sigurdsson scored a worldy on half time. We all thought ‘we’ll at least we’re only one down now and we can’t play that bad again’. Then they destroyed us again second half and we lost 4-1.

Unsworth was in charge for that

I remember our back four where lined up as though they had an attacking scrum in rugby union for one of the goals we conceded - I.e a perfect diagonal line.

At the time I remember thinking it was the worst Everton performance I’d ever seen. That could have changed since!

Think it was also the game when Joe Royle came down from the stand to give Unsworth advice , terrible day.

Let’s not have a repeat today. COYB

Yes, might go see Mets next week. Been out on boat today from pier next to USS Intrepid, then been up World Trade. Bus tour planned, Empire State, Central Park. Bit pricey like. Paid ten dollars for a can of ale earlier, and it’s eleven dollars for a pint(not even a pint), of Sam Adam’s in the hotel. Cut my drinking down anyway.
I was in Singapore a couple of weeks ago on the way back from Britain. $17 dollars for a pint. Lucky drinking beer is my hobby.

Er, hopeful of a result today and I hope the break hasn't stuffed up our momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.