Match Thread Southampton vs Everton - Preview, Match Report & MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blue to the bone

Player Valuation: £70m
And we are back. After an international break, an injury to the Scottish cafu, a lost finger @tommye and a few meltdowns super Frank's all conquering toffees head to Southampton for a 3pm Saturday kick off.
images.jpeg

On a 5 game unbeaten run and our first win of the season we will head there with a bit of confidence but its not a ground we tend to do great at. Like most away grounds tbf.
They are average, managed by the Alpine Klopp they have the same points as us and Ward prowse normally causes us problems. Don't know much more about them!
We will likely see the one change with Seamus Coleman in for Nathan Patterson .
Hopefully we can carry on with our good form and pick up at least a point. Ideally of course 3.
It probably won't be pretty to watch, a bit like most posters on this fine forum .
So come blues into these southern softies and smash em. UTFT.

Bit concerned with Coleman's lack of playing time. I expected that he'd play most of the available minutes for Ireland over the break but he was on the bench for both of those games. Dunno how fit he's going to be for this.

It's been a tough place for us to go to lately. More of the same - keep it tight and hit them on the counter. A pity Patterson is out as he was starting to perform at a high standard week in, week out. Either Coleman or maybe Holgate. But should be the same team, if no new injureies.

It's been a tough place for us to go to lately. More of the same - keep it tight and hit them on the counter. A pity Patterson is out as he was starting to perform at a high standard week in, week out. Either Coleman or maybe Holgate. But should be the same team, if no new injureies.
Holgate??, he out injured for a few more weeks yet

I'd like to see Iwobi playing further up and linking with Maupay. It was the formula for 3 points last week, and I suspect Iwobi might eventually settle into a *no.10* role.

.I cant see Southampton overwhelming us in midfield, tbh, so...

Coleman----Coady----Tarkowski-----Mykolenko

------------------Gueye----Onana

-----Gordon---------Iwobi----------Gray

---------------------Maupay

I'd like to see Iwobi playing further up and linking with Maupay. It was the formula for 3 points last week, and I suspect Iwobi might eventually settle into a *no.10* role.

.I cant see Southampton overwhelming us in midfield, tbh, so...

Coleman----Coady----Tarkowski-----Mykolenko

------------------Gueye----Onana

-----Gordon---------Iwobi----------Gray

---------------------Maupay
Brave to go into a game with no keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.