Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won’t be voting this week as I did not see the game and I will not be watching MOTD tonight.

And I am fearing the worst at Cold Blow Lane next week.

Roll on May is all I can say.

We are so, so poor. Ever since Martinez's second season, we have been an extremely average team. I include Koeman's first season in that as well because we were strictly a home team, as soon as we went away - we crumbled. We have no fight and haven't had any since Moyes' last season or Martinez's first.

Martinez, Koeman, Walsh, Allardyce... such a basket case of utter dross and it's no wonder we are where we are. Will Silva find himself as a similar footnote in our history alongside these others? If he doesn't get top half this season, and can't offset that by a good cup performance, I'm not sure Moshiri sticks with him.

I'm utterly fed up with these players though and hold them far more responsible than the manager. We have too many average and gutless players, not worthy of the shirt.

A terrible, forgettable performance apart from 90 minutes on.

For MoM I went for Idrissa, the only thing he did wrong was not smashing Redmond in his smug mug when he had the chance :rant:.

Onwards and upwards Blues, it can't get worse than this surely?

Because in football a manager deserves a chance to earn his corn (Is that the right saying) imagine we sacked every manager when it didn't go right, we wouldn't get anywhere. When Moyes finished 17th should he have been sacked?
No because the ambition was nowhere near the level now,why did Allerdyce get sacked then going on your ideas.

If Silva has the nerve,and I think he does,his surrogate son/lapdog Richarlison needs dropping,to at least give him a kick up the ass and start playing football again and not play acting. Next week,DCL or Walcott in the middle, Lookman and Bernard on the wings.Kenny or Mina in for Coleman,Digne captain.

Couldn't disagree more.
We should just keep churning through the managers until we get one who will get us into the top four and contend for the title.
It only takes a season to work that out.
And at the end of this season we'll know what we know now. Silva is not that guy.

Klopp finished 8th in his first season.

I have no doubt that barring a good CF we have a decent team. Problem seems to lay with our formation. Our defence is not protected by the midfield and our attack is too slack with passing and trying too many flicks. The defence does have to sort out zonal marking from set pieces though urgently. Our midfield are incapable of controlling matches and I feel that is our main problem. If our midfield cannot dictate the play then we will always be up against it.

The only players I would look to keep long term are Pickford, Digne, Zouma (try and sign him), Mina, Lookman, Richarlison, Gomes (if we can sign him) and Bernard.......possibly Siggy but he will have to be more consistent. The rest can be used for wheeling and dealing.

Silvas style also comes into question as why we are not dominating or competing in midfield and why we are so poor retaining the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.