Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a precarious conclusion; if our players get wind of any expectations, they usually experience anxiety...which negatively affects performance. I steer clear of putting any pressure on Everton teams...they have a habit of bottling occasions when it is.

I have just heard from my Tranmere Rovers spy,working undercover at Everton, disguised as Bill Kenwright, that all Everton players read your postings on here avidly, so be careful what you say.

Josh Sims?

Barely played since and now on loan at Reading.

Made his debut in that game where Austin scored after 2 seconds and it finished 1-0. They had another one too, Harrison Reed, everyone raving about him after that 3-0 in Martinez’s’ second season, he’s now 23 and on loan at Blackburn. One of my least favourite grounds in the entire league this place.

1-1 draw.

They struggle to win at home. We struggle to win away.

I'm not sure you can really say that since Hassenhutll took over, they beat Arsenal 3-2 in his first game and although they lost to Man City they're hardly alone in that.

Since Hassenhuttl, beating Leicester and Huddersfield away as well as Arsenal at home, drawing at Chelsea and only losing to Man City and West Ham at home is impressive.

At home they've won one from three, although one of those City, only the West Ham 1-2 loss disappointing for them.

Under Hughes they were atrocious but under the new man they've really turned it around.

A sample of three home games is too small to reach any firm conclusions but one really good win, one very expected loss and one disappointing defeat is better than under Hughes and they've had excellent away form too.

Their confidence will be high, they have three players back from suspension, and Ings our nemesis is fit.

Its been a desperately poor venue for us recently too with last season's being the worst performance of the whole year for me

Hope I'm wrong but this one has disappointment written all over it

Other than all that the portents are all good for us lol

I think if we lose today that's the season pretty much done for me. We aren't winning the FA cup, we would need Man City / Spurs to have a shock defeat Maybe a bit of a chance against Man U / Arsenal or Chelsea, but we don't really look like a side full of confidence or up for much of a fight, pretty much treading water.

Over to you Everton, at least try and keep us interested enough to fight for an outside chance of Europe via 7th place.

I have just heard from my Tranmere Rovers spy,working undercover at Everton, disguised as Bill Kenwright, that all Everton players read your postings on here avidly, so be careful what you say.
I think Steve, or at least I’m led to believe, that Big Dunc, aside from his training cone duties, has responsibility in keeping players informed on what posters on GOT are saying.
That your ‘contact’ at Tranmere, (code named ‘Blue Bill’s doppelgänger’) says something similar confirms things at FF are desperate.
Last time you and I spoke Steve, you mentioned something about your cat passing away. Wouldn’t it be lovely to receive a note of condolence from Capt Jags and all our other lion hearts in Blue.?

...you probably will, now we know they read GOT!!
I

Status
Not open for further replies.