Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So he had a much better side - and about a tenth of the money we've currently spent

Which would suggest either our recruitment was phenomenal under him (it was for the most part) and that he was tactically more astute than all of our managers since then (He probably was)
Moyes was tactically astute at being the best of the rest.

all over the place , terrible in every department and in every way.

a team set up wrong , sent out with no visible game plan and just got worse and worse as the game went on.

a better team would have put 6 or 7 past us today.

a championship manager and championship level football.

ive got nothng positive to say. as poor as it possibly could have been.

We'd get smashed senseless in the Championship... you need energy, fight, desire and leadership in that league - all of which we are missing. I'd get McCarthy in that midfield ASAP - however limited, at least he'd have a go.

Silva is having a shocker and the players couldn’t give a hoot.
Do those people who said that we are moving in the right direction honestly believe that?
He may need time but why we be abysmal now?
His CV isn’t great and it’s getting worse.
Two months of this drivel all ready.

Bored of this team........massive problems all over this squad!!
No Leaders....full stop.
No Cohesion.... cant even string 3-4 passes together.
No Counterattacking ability....we fall apart at the final pass.
No Striker....we need someone who can hold the ball and bring others into play.
No Desire.... to put teams to the sword.
Awful football.....I'm willing to give Silva and especially Brands time but Silva is on my last nerve at the moment.
Safe journey back to the poor souls who went to watch that

We generally play without a midfield. Whenever we get the ball at the back either Gana or Gomes drops between Keane and Zouma leaving the other 1 v 2 or 1 v 3 with Sig playing more as a second forward. It’s absolutely pointless.

Silva is having a shocker and the players couldn’t give a hoot.
Do those people who said that we are moving in the right direction honestly believe that?
He may need time but why we be abysmal now?
His CV isn’t great and it’s getting worse.
Two months of this drivel all ready.

Would you take mid table right now for his first season and if not, why? What are your expectations?

Never saw the game but guess we were not very good, according to those who saw it that is. Not easy supporting Everton but hey we are used to it. I laugh at the Roberto, Big Sam etc recalls. Oh dear oh dear. How some memories are short.

Status
Not open for further replies.