Match Thread Southampton v Everton - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other teams in the league won’t stay crap for long. If we don’t sort ourselves out soon West Ham, Wolves, Watford, Bournemouth etc will overtake us for our precious 7th place trophy in the seasons to come. Wolves arguably are better than us and they’ve been here 6 months.
No way we should order the open top bus for 7th. It’s not happening. A trip to KFC for 12th is our best bet.

I don't get to many games living on South coast, but watching that today the only word for Everton is desperate.

A few observations:

I don't know what the plan is beyond play it across the back line to try and move the opposition about but then what?

There is just a big hole where there should be a midfield, both going forwards and particularly defensively. The number of times Southampton either walked it through or more often passed it forwards 20/30 yards in straight line into our half was really worrying.

If £30m is on the table for gueye then take it.

Pickford's confidence is delicate to say the least currently.

Players do not seem bothers by it beyond siggurdson, digne, and at times Bernard - surely Silva isn't losing the dressing room already?

Anyway taking my boy to Goodison in 2 weeks for his first home game - they had better put in more of a display or it could turn him off before he's really started.

We all knew what Allardyce was brought in for and everyone accepted it was for the season. I've seen some good football from Silva this season, enough that warrants a chance. I'm not saying it's all been good but there's potential
You can't have it both ways mate, I agree I have seen us play well in patch but more crap to be honest, I was never in the Silva camp Irvin honest but I was prepared to give him a go but what I'm watching is nowhere good enough.

It's not the managers fault. Our attack was dire under Phenomenaltinez, Our attack was dire under moonhead. Our attack was dire under Unsworth. Our attack was dire under gravy tits, and our attack is still dire. We haven't replaced Lukaku, it's just a lack of quality players. A manager change does absolutely nothing

Because in football a manager deserves a chance to earn his corn (Is that the right saying) imagine we sacked every manager when it didn't go right, we wouldn't get anywhere. When Moyes finished 17th should he have been sacked?
The club was in a different financial position at the time. He turned that around, but we have largely regressed since he left. I am not saying Silva should be sacked, just that the situations are incomparable

I'm glad I'm a telly clapper now. Not wasting hard earned money to travel and watch Everton over the years has done me and my family a load of good.

That midfield today was atrocious. If I'm Brands i get Gana on a plane to Paris tomorrow and put the money towards a new CF. Might be time to give Gomes a couple of game on the bench as well. Might be the annual time of the year to dust of James McCarthy for a few games until he gets hurt as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.