Singing Area for Wigan match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not being funny though mate so please don't take offence, but this was a huge huge game for you so yes you would sing lots and loudly but on the other hand it was a game we expected to win and thats where the problem lays. Basically sit back, get comfy and watch the expected victory. Apart from the very small singing groups there is nothing the rest want to do more than just relax and watch. Give us Man Utd, Liverpool and the top clubs then there are not many grounds with an atmosphere like Goodison.

That's why I didn't say anything previously I thought the reason the atmosphere was a bit subdued was because playing a league 1 side is hardly going to get the blood pumping.

So when I read the OP and he said he thought the atmosphere was ok and better than league games it gave me a WTF moment. As for us we was always gonna create an atmosphere it was a massive game for us and yes league 1 games can be a bit flat.

I only commented as I was surprised to read that atmosphere from Everton fans was better than league games.

Last edited:
That's why I didn't say anything previously I thought the reason the atmosphere was a bit subdued was because playing a league 1 side is hardly going to get the blood pumping.

So when I read the OP and he said he thought the atmosphere was ok and better than league games it gave neca WTF moment. As for us we was always gonna create an atmosphere it was a massive game for us and yes league 1 games can be a bit flat.

I only commented as I was surprised to read that atmosphere from Everton fans is better than league games.

We sing when we want and we want very rarely.

We always get outsung my away fans, even if its the 50 that Wigan bring.

The reason it was louder on the the tv is the position of the commentary box is right by the away fans; so even during a normal PL match all you tend to hear is the away fans.

Did the whole of Oldham turn up at Goodison; its a shame that all these die hard fans can't go week in week out to your home games; whats your average attendance, about 2.5k?

We average around 4k and thats really poor to be honest but your talking to the wrong chap about that I attend our home games and quite a few away, it's the other idiots in my town that decides to walk around on a Saturday afternoon shopping wearing a City/United shirt.

Until your team becomes really bad it's hard to identify the hangers on, every club has them.

In front of the goal about 10 rows up i think.

I remember thinking to myself 'It's quiet' at one point in the first half. I think nostalgia plays a big part, and obviously we would never have thought the Oldham atmosphere was good because it was a game we should win and there was no real excitement for us.

In terms of consistent volume though the Oldham fans were better. I can't speak for what they thought the atmosphere was like because i'm not an Oldham fan. I think separating noise and atmosphere is a good idea though. I thought the atmosphere at United at the start of the season was fantastic even though we weren't particularly loud.

Think I know why you think and feel that then mate, I was sat just to the right about 6 rows from the back and it was nuts through out. I've seen video's from the front bit and it didn't look as mental.

I didnt think the singing section did much the other night apart from standing up. The atmosphere in the lower gwladys was pretty good it just doesnt seem to catch on to the other stands. I dont believe the singing section made a major difference at all really.

The atmosphere in GT5 was decent on Tuesday. There were lot of old faces around who don't have ST anymore but the pull of the FA Cup always brings them back. It was a good show from the Latics fans but they brought more for the cup replay back in 1990 when they filled the old Park End, on Tuesday there were a number of seats left unfilled in the Upper Bullens. A mic in front of the Street End would certainly make the noise sound different but I reckon most of our songs would be only suitable for past the watershed!

A mic in front of the Street End would certainly make the noise sound different but I reckon most of our songs would be only suitable for past the watershed!

They need a mic attached to the underneath of the Upper Gwladys Street, and to turn off the away mics. Even whenever you watch back derby matches when you can't hear the Liverpool fans for the singing in the Gwladys Street, you watch it back and you only hear them singing.

There's a control room for the mics as well, so I'm guessing it's not controlled by Everton.

Oldham support was loud.Anyone at the game will know this,I was in the top balcony and we were out sung the majority of the game until we scored.

Agreed with this. I was sat in the middle of the Park End. Took my daughter for her first night match at Goodison. Apart from about 5-10 seconds after each of the goals there was no singing/atmosphere to speak of - from what I could tell in the Park End.

I thought the Oldham fans were decent and probably a bit better than I expected even though it was their "cup final".

I'm keen to support any singing so genuinely asking if those at the ground at the Gwladys end thought the atmosphere was okay?

I went on Saturday for the first time in a few months and in my opinion the atmosphere was garbage from my fellow evertonians. I was sat in the Gladys upper and cant say I heard anything from the lower stand!! When I was a tadge younger I used to love sitting in the lower gladys because of the atmosphere.
The old magical songs sutch as Barry Horne, Barry Horne, Barry Horne!! Oh what magical songs we have always sung!!

Status
Not open for further replies.