Singing Area for Wigan match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to break it to you but if you thought that support was ok against us then I'm lost for words. The only time I heard the Everton fans was just after each goal and then only for a few secs. Watched it back since on telly and you can pretty much just hear Oldham fans. Good news though is we sang oh when the blues, and blue flag etc you could always claim that was you.

What's happened to the Premier league all gone a bit prawn sandwich soft, 30000+ fans the place should be bouncing.

Not being funny though mate so please don't take offence, but this was a huge huge game for you so yes you would sing lots and loudly but on the other hand it was a game we expected to win and thats where the problem lays. Basically sit back, get comfy and watch the expected victory. Apart from the very small singing groups there is nothing the rest want to do more than just relax and watch. Give us Man Utd, Liverpool and the top clubs then there are not many grounds with an atmosphere like Goodison.

Hate to break it to you but if you thought that support was ok against us then I'm lost for words. The only time I heard the Everton fans was just after each goal and then only for a few secs. Watched it back since on telly and you can pretty much just hear Oldham fans. Good news though is we sang oh when the blues, and blue flag etc you could always claim that was you.

What's happened to the Premier league all gone a bit prawn sandwich soft, 30000+ fans the place should be bouncing.

Do your fans sing a lot when you play another League One side ?

The reason it was louder on the the tv is the position of the commentary box is right by the away fans; so even during a normal PL match all you tend to hear is the away fans.

Did the whole of Oldham turn up at Goodison; its a shame that all these die hard fans can't go week in week out to your home games; whats your average attendance, about 2.5k?

The reason it was louder on the the tv is the position of the commentary box is right by the away fans; so even during a normal PL match all you tend to hear is the away fans.

Did the whole of Oldham turn up at Goodison; its a shame that all these die hard fans can't go week in week out to your home games; whats your average attendance, about 2.5k?

They didn't even fill their allocation on the night, which was only 6000 seats.

I think you may have over stayed your welcome haha!

Hate to brake it to you mate but for a big away following for a big game your fans were sh*t. The commentary gantry at Goodison is over the Bullends Road - hence why you's were easily heard on telly.

We took over 6000 to Sunderland last season for a week night cup game & that sh*t on your 'atmoshpere' to be honest.

With regards to the atmosphere from our end, I was sat in the Gwladys & thought it was alright, better than a league game. Might not have sounded good in other areas but the Gwladys was alright.

Last edited:

Hate to brake it to you mate but for a big away following for a big game your fans were sh*t. The commentary gantry at Goodison is over the Bullends Road - hence why you's were easily heard on telly.

We took over 6000 to Sunderland last season for a week night cup game & that sh*t on your 'atmoshpere' to be honest.

With regards to the atmosphere from our end, I was sat in the Gwladys & thought it was alright, better than a league game. Might not have sounded good in other areas but the Gwladys was alright.

Oldham support was loud.Anyone at the game will know this,I was in the top balcony and we were out sung the majority of the game until we scored.

Quality mate, well done. Im sure when you continue this trend we will be able to hear you all the way from Tranmere next saturday while we are walking away from our game v Wigan.

Oldham support was loud.Anyone at the game will know this,I was in the top balcony and we were out sung the majority of the game until we scored.

Honestly couldn't hear them much in the Gwladys & like I said, it wasn't anything special for a large away following, any team who take large numbers away can easily generate an 'atmosphere'

Honestly couldn't hear them much in the Gwladys & like I said, it wasn't anything special for a large away following, any team who take large numbers away can easily generate an 'atmosphere'

Louder than any away following i've seen this season.

I also disagree that our Sunderland away support s**t all over theirs. It was good at Sunderland but it really wasn't that good. The fans were quiet for long periods.

Status
Not open for further replies.