Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
The cold reality is we just are still not very good unless at full strength, but even then still not that great.

This is pretty much his side he put together, he takes the blame or the glory.

I’m expecting nothing better than mid table at best with this collection of players and people organising them.

There’s 3 glaring weaknesses in the team, 2 of which have not yet been addressed IMO at centre midfield and centre half.

If he’d got Doucoure and Zouma then it may be fairer to judge him but until he gets the men he wants there and they’re given time to settle then I’m prepared to give him time.

The 2 above would have made a huge difference to us right now.

His and Brands’ signings have been excellent but I personally feel he was let down badly at the end of the last window however I’m prepared to wait as I’m really happy with the business they have done when they do make a signing.

Demonstrates how fickle our fans can be, towards the end of the season raving about Marco and the team, fast forward a few games...

Agree that we are on a poor run of form and that some decisions are questionable, but to knee jerk and say he must go at this point is laughable.

Well said mate well said some need to take note

We've been saying that since moshiri has come in

Depends. I think we need to allow time for young talent to flourish. However, the main reason why Everton managers have been sacked is failure in the transfer market.

Martinez - Niasse Oumar (actually turned out to be a good player based on stats and work rate)
Koeman - Klassen and the inability to accommodate 4 number 10s in his team
Allardyce - Tosun and possibly Walcott.
Silva - ?

Currently our squad is a case of round pegs in square holes. It would be unfair to sack Silva due to previous manager's inability to build a team.

I don't know about you but I'm happy to accept mid table finish for the next season if we're building a squad capable of breaking into the top four. It's a case of working out our vision and how we are going to get there. What's more important: achieving finishing six to keep the fans happy or achieving ambition in playing amongst the elites in Champions League football.

In 2021, we can then review if Silva has the right credentials to lead us on to the next level or get another manager in.

He's getting the season I think, unless we get dragged into a relegation scrap. They might pull the trigger then

Moshiri moved heaven and earth to get him and I'd be shocked if he didn't give him every chance, especially as Moshiri has botched all the other managerial appointments since he's been here

Mikey, we get into that and it could be too darned late to get out.

Depends. I think we need to allow time for young talent to flourish. However, the main reason why Everton managers have been sacked is failure in the transfer market.

Martinez - Niasse Oumar (actually turned out to be a good player based on stats and work rate)
Koeman - Klassen and the inability to accommodate 4 number 10s in his team
Allardyce - Tosun and possibly Walcott.
Silva - ?

Currently our squad is a case of round pegs in square holes. It would be unfair to sack Silva due to previous manager's inability to build a team.

I don't know about you but I'm happy to accept mid table finish for the next season if we're building a squad capable of breaking into the top four. It's a case of working out our vision and how we are going to get there. What's more important: achieving finishing six to keep the fans happy or achieving ambition in playing amongst the elites in Champions League football.

In 2021, we can then review if Silva has the right credentials to lead us on to the next level or get another manager in.

I disagree with the reasons they were sacked.

Martinez got sacked because of a season which saw our worst home form ever coupled with capitulations at Sunderland, a Leicester team that had been on the ale all week and Liverpool in the most embarrassingly one sided derby in living memory.

Allardyce was thankfully always going to be sacked as he was nothing more than a short term fix to 'save' us.

i dont see the point of sacking, which quality manager are you going to get this early in the season? If targets aren't achieved by the end of the season then we could move on, i would rather the new players settle in rather than put them through another transition especially for someone like Gbamin that is injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.