Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obsessed with playing 2 holding midfielders , even at home to poor sides.
Tactically naieve.
Zonal marking. Poor substitutions.
Unable to motivate. Possibly the most underachieving squad in the country.
Despite an improvement at the end of last season , it was a season of massive underachievement.
Time up , move him on.

I agree with your broad principle mate, that we are an attractive draw and that the people doing the recruiting managers are pretty poor at doing so, however I suspect Mourinhowill have his eye on Madrid or PSG.

The reality is though, there are all sorts of European coaches doing fantastic jobs at clubs of a similar level to us, improving teams and getting them competing. Why they don't see to be considered is beyond me. Bordulas at Getafe, Hatter at Frankfurt, Galtier at Lille, Ten Haag at Ajax, Gasperini at Atalanta, Setien at Betis etc. All of these have massively improved clubs in and around our position.

Just on this one in particular, if Evertonians are sick of Martinez + Silva for being tactically inflexible, Goodison would reach absolutely nuclear levels of fume if Setien got the job. His Betis team reminds me massively of what Silva did last season, beat some of the very best teams resoundingly (Barca, Madrid vs our end of season run in) but equally get trounced by some really poor sides in the Spanish league. Don't know enough about the others really, but I've got no idea why Ten Haag would leave Ajax for us as of now.

It's a very good side and on paper every bit as good as the competitors for European qualification. Just need the manager.

If we concede first we lose.

We have a bunch of gutless, spineless, lethargic, passionless players whose heads go down when we concede first. Some of them had mentally given up and accepted they were gonna lose with half an hour to go today.

The manager cannot complete wash his hands of this. It's ultimately his responsibility and I hate seeing such weak mentality.

It's a very good side and on paper every bit as good as the competitors for European qualification. Just need the manager.
That’s what I like about Silva. Digne, Bernard and Richarlison were exactly the type of signings we needed to make. I like the players he has brought in, I just wish he was better at the management part.

Status
Not open for further replies.