Silva must go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes I want Silva out too, he clearly can not pick a side, read a game, get the best out of players, is tactically inept and panics with ridiculous substitutions. Some say he has no plan B - can someone tell me what plan A is?

He is clearly struggling and out of his depth, and our rabid fanbase are rightly calling for him to be sacked. HOWEVER - Fans throwing names like Howe, Dyche, Hughton and Moyes around as possible replacements. Sake. And get lost.

No wonder this club is a laughing stock, the majority of our fanbase has as much ambition as the club itself. Which is none. If we sack the manager, it would be absolutely criminal to replace mediocrity with mediocrity. We got Martinez from Wigan, Koeman from Southampton, Allardyce from god knows where and Silva from Watford. Is the Marine AFC manager available? If we don't at least try and approach people like Mourinho, Gallardo, Wenger - proven winners - what the hell have we got to lose?

Worrying times, again, its an annual thing to worry, if you are an Evertonian.

If we sack him without the next man lined up, this club deserves Fat Sam and his massive brexit head again.

I don't see many better, realistic options available, if any. Give him time and let him dig himself out. If he doesn't, there should be more available at the end of the season.

I despair after today and agree he needs to change his formation, selections and the results quickly if he wants to keep his job. But whoever is in charge we are still a developing team in rebuild. There isn't a quick fix manager who would come in and make us instantly competitive in my view.

Last edited:
He’d come to have the chance to be an Everton legend, worshipped by the fans, to get one over United and Chelsea, to knock Liverpool off their perch, to be in the prem every week. He’d come for that but we wouldn’t sell it like that and we probably wouldn’t even approach him.

‘Hi Bournemouth how much for Eddie? 40 mill, we’ll pay it’

I agree with your broad principle mate, that we are an attractive draw and that the people doing the recruiting managers are pretty poor at doing so, however I suspect Mourinhowill have his eye on Madrid or PSG.

The reality is though, there are all sorts of European coaches doing fantastic jobs at clubs of a similar level to us, improving teams and getting them competing. Why they don't see to be considered is beyond me. Bordulas at Getafe, Hatter at Frankfurt, Galtier at Lille, Ten Haag at Ajax, Gasperini at Atalanta, Setien at Betis etc. All of these have massively improved clubs in and around our position.

They probably will though. I think it's going to be a season very similar to last time around. Being very optimistic, we might not have a shocking run like we did last year and get closer to the top.

But we might and it might also be worse? Dont base your opinion on what might happen, base it on what you are seeing here and now. I thought we were poor against Palace, Watford was better and they could have easily nicked something with the chances they had, atrocious against Villa, we got away with it against Lincoln LINCOLN CITY. Probably the best game weve had this season against Wolves but they were unlucky not to take something. Bournemouth Pathetic, Sheff Utd at home where we need to be winning Pathetic.

Very worrying trend but all too familiar.... I`m hoping the board are working behind the scenes on a contingency plan and talking to prospective managers.

Dyche is an effective manager but he’s not ambitious enough. No top club wants to replicate Burnley’s style of Football.

However, most clubs would love a man prepared to aggressively commit the bodies in attack that Bournemouth do - while on a modest budget and clearly with comparably inferior resource and playing staff, no less.

That’s why Howe will land a top job one day and Dyche won’t. Even though Burnley have been arguably more effective across a number of years.

Bournemouth have won more away PL games than us in the same period....

Poor team selection, poor subs, poor tactics, bottlers like Schneiderlin being picked game after game. Then there's his demeanour on the bench, one of a sulky clueless bellend with no interest in adapting anything to try and improve results.

Couldn't give a toss if he was binned off now, players aren't interested in putting any effort in and he clearly can't motivate them.

Spurs have been hopeless this season. But like them, we'll hit form soon...just not next week please....

If Silva had delivered CL football for a few years and a CL Final like Poch has perhaps we should give him the benefit of the doubt, but what have you seen from Silva to suggest he will become a world class manager? I dont see what you are seeing, performances this season havent been up to scratch, all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.