Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, every red's fan did that to the Man city bus? Or, just the ones so fanatically wrapped up in this Us vs. Them mentality that the thought it was a good idea?

No of course not, but you can guarantee that “every red fan” in particular those that get a ticket for the derby will be laughing there socks off at the thought of a GoH at Goodison. That shower will gloat about it for years to come, as we would no doubt given the chance, - if asked to do it we should reply with a very definitive no!

I remember when they won the league and there was a big do in the centre. Emlyn Hughes held the cup and said something nasty about Everton. That upset many a folk especially young'uns.

I would give them sod all; which is exactly the way they would treat us.
Remember that, it caused a lot of bad feeling at the time. It would be TRAGIC if we gave them a guard of honour.

It's a 30 second thing that's forgotten by the time the match starts.
Would Alex Ferguson give man city one, I think he would.

We are showing class on our part by doing it, and get positive reviews. We don't want to go down as the first team in pl history not to do it.

City’s game being called off means this is very unlikely to be an issue now.
Bit gutted tbh
Hopefully every blue will turn out when they have a bus tour around the city to celebrate being champions.
We need to show our class and the media will report it. They deserve it. They are a great club, great fans and a great manager with great teeth.
Let's forget about losing out on the champions League due to heysel. Emylns comments, klopp running on the pitch, klopp having a go at an Everton ballboy.
Got my missis knitting my Everton/Liverpool scarf and making a blue and red rosette for their triumphant bus tour. Can't wait to mingle with their fantastic fans in town.
Some of you lot need to grow up and embrace our red brethren

Last edited:

Why is this still a thread? The people have spoken in the GOTGOHR (GoT Guard of Honour Referendum)

images

17.0% vote Remain subservient to the RS
83.4% vote Leave it out lad, not worth it

Besides, what would Catterick, Kendall or Royle do?.... exactly.

In the wise words of Chris Morris: Where's our self re-cocking-spect?

Regardless of what the fans want surely the club will insist we do it as not doing it will just result in bad press.

Klopp, and liverpool's first team have earned the respect of their fellow professionals, ie; the Everton team.
Their fans have not earned anything as a collective, however as individuals they would still have the respect that i would pay to any other human being regardless of difference. I'm not going to find out someone's a Liverpool fan and treat them differently, but i ain't gonna go to Anfield and listen to them all lick each others arseholes either.

I do. Soon as I find out I tend to ignore them.

Regardless of what the fans want surely the club will insist we do it as not doing it will just result in bad press.
Yeah but who cares, the media love them and not us, so it wont make any difference.
Bad press wont stop Carlo winning us points and buying players

Status
Not open for further replies.