Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting none of the folk in favour of a guard of honour have yet claimed to go to the games. Hmmm.

Had a season ticket for 15 years if that makes any difference mate?
Although to be honest I never made the supposition that I was required to supply my credentials every time I want to post an opinion on here.
As you were, super blue.

Interesting none of the folk in favour of a guard of honour have yet claimed to go to the games. Hmmm.

Ok, I'll add myself to the list then.

I just think it's a lose lose really. We'll never hear the end of it either way.

We did it for United years back, and countless teams have done it since. It's the right thing to do, and we'll just look a bit bitter really if we don't.

No Liverpool fans in your family mate?
Some of my best mates are Kopites and generally speaking are decent football fans who I can discuss football with without wanting to volley them over a fence.
Now don't get me wrong, they have way, way more whoppers than other clubs however it would be incredibly small-minded , petty, even embarassing if we didn't follow tradition (let's hope it doesn't come to it anyway), grin and bare it and do a guard of honour.

Yes mate, I have Kopites in my family - I tend to ignore them, as they're of the the plastic cult variety. They try and sway every topic towards football just so they can gloat.

I don't have anything to do with their supporters anymore, they have nothing but LFC in their sad little lives - it's pathetic. They are genuinely a different breed of weird and I can't abide it.

I've noticed a few of the 'new' members have a problem with my stance on kopites, bit odd.

hello buddy i think what u are inferring is that all foreign everton fans who do not attend the game are not worthy of opinion and i for one am interested in peoples responses to this buddy.

Yes mate, I have Kopites in my family - I tend to ignore them, as they're of the the plastic cult variety. They try and sway every topic towards football just so they can gloat.

I don't have anything to do with their supporters anymore, they have nothing but LFC in their sad little lives - it's pathetic. They are genuinely a different breed of weird and I can't abide it.

I've noticed a few of the 'new' members have a problem with my stance on kopites, bit odd.

I've been on here 8 years mate, was a regular poster on Kipper as well so I assume your last line isn't insinuating something about me?

I see your points regarding Kopites and trust me, I know and work with some extremely annoying variants however this boils down to just doing what's right for me. They've won it, give them their moment. If one starts trying to give me crap for us doing a guard of honour for them then that's an argument I've already won. If it went the other way...

In the little cocoon of Everton fans who by and large have surrounded me for years at the home games, I cannot envisage anyone who would "approve" of a guard of honour for that shower who represent the enemy across the park. When they lose I celebrate, (regretfully something belonging to the past). When they win, I ignore them as far as I am allowed to by the media. I have RS friends yes, but their club to me is anathema.

Hopefully now with City having their game postponed probably until mid April this wont happen. Think that they would have to lose another 2 games.

Was genuinely wound up by us having to do this as it would just be their luck for us to have to do it and them to go on about it forever.

Been called bitter over this a few times, especially last night.

Some big obese fella in the pub by mine loves winding Evertonians up despite the fact that he says he never goes because he cam never get tickets. All he does is post on Facebook about us even though he's barely literate.

He said to me last night that he has been to more European cup finals than me. Allegedly he went to Rome in 1984 but can't recall how he got there or where the stadium is in the city plus he was only 14 but went on his own. I asked why he never went to Istanbul, Athens, Kiev or Madrid last year as he was in the pub with his Liverpool kit on, the actual kit not just the shirt. Just got the same response "been to more European cup finals than you".

I said that I might have had a chance to go if his club hadn't got us banned out of Europe and stopped us definitely winning the 1986 European cup. He said "No cos we beat you twice in 1986 and the trophy you won was a Mickey Mouse cup"

Totally missing the point because if we had been in Europe that year we would have been stronger and Lineker wouldn't have gone to Barcelona. We would have had the money and pull to buy more players. Instead they ruined everything for us.

Then starts going on about the guard of honour trying to get a reaction and asked me if I'd sell him my derby ticket. I said I'd sell it for 5 grand and the opportunity to glass him in the pub afterwards. Got a cob on but I said he never goes to games anyway so he wouldn't know what to sing. Plus he'd be paying 5 grand to get battered in the ground then even worse later on.

Kept saying I was bitter but he enjoys winding blues up more than seeing the RS win. There's loads of them like that, they say they're not bothered about us but they seem to go on about us all the time even though they are miles ahead in the league.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.