Should we give the RS a guard of honour? (poll)

Should we?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So you’ve apparently been on a coach when the windows were smashed in and bricks thrown by mindless idiots, yet you want to pay your respects to a team whose “supporters (?)” did just that not too long ago to the Man City team bus - Mmmm let me have a think about that one!
So, every red's fan did that to the Man city bus? Or, just the ones so fanatically wrapped up in this Us vs. Them mentality that the thought it was a good idea?

Fortunately, that’s never how it’s going to work. For a start, forgetting on-the-pitch matters, business relationships between the two clubs have always been amicable. The clubs have worked together on a variety of charitable projects such as FSF, Hillsborough as well as them working with EITC to invest in grass-roots Football and social projects.

The two clubs work together and rely on each other for support quite regularly. There is no way that the club would be so stupid to endorse such a public display of disrespect for no valid reason other than “they wouldn’t show it to us” or “what about der City bus tho!”.

They have plenty of bells as fans. We have our fair share. As does every club. This goes beyond all that. We’re not applauding their fans.

Hillsborough and EITC effects all of the city though, they are things that club colours should (and don't) matter.

Giving them a guard of honour only does one thing and its a thing that doesn't even need to be done.

It would be nice if just for once a derby was just played without anything happening before hand.

Yeah respect, just loved the way the Redman respected Man Cities coach, not so long ago. To get respect you have to earn it first. Their fans show no respect, it works both ways. Yes they have the best team this year, no doubts, but best fans, give me a break.

Klopp, and liverpool's first team have earned the respect of their fellow professionals, ie; the Everton team.
Their fans have not earned anything as a collective, however as individuals they would still have the respect that i would pay to any other human being regardless of difference. I'm not going to find out someone's a Liverpool fan and treat them differently, but i ain't gonna go to Anfield and listen to them all lick each others arseholes either.

Lots and lots of childish bitterness in this thread.

Shame .
While I really wouldn't want us to give them a guard of honour, I would probably expect them to give us one because in the end it's the precedent that's been set.

There are a fair number of clubs, with quite intense rivalries, that have done it, so if it comes down to the scenario where we may have to... then so be it.

They've won the league at a canter with a pretty unquestionable record and that's the truth of it. Some times we just have to be magnanimous about things!

While I really wouldn't want us to give them a guard of honour, I would probably expect them to give us one because in the end it's the precedent that's been set.

There are a fair number of clubs, with quite intense rivalries, that have done it, so if it comes down to the scenario where we may have to... then so be it.

They've won the league at a canter with a pretty unquestionable record and that's the truth of it. Some times we just have to be magnanimous about things!
Would be ok with a guard of honour if they brought back the seat cushions for the main stand and top balcony for that day. Sounds great to me

To do it would be best for the club. It would mean swallowing some pride but it would demonstrate that we can show the traditional respect where it's due - purely on Footballing terms.

To not do it would reinforce the notion that the club are small time, that we're more bothered about them than ourselves. It would contribute to the attitude problem that already exists both within the club and the fanbase, one that has held us back for many years.

lol no it woudnt atall

Hillsborough and EITC effects all of the city though, they are things that club colours should (and don't) matter.

Giving them a guard of honour only does one thing and its a thing that doesn't even need to be done.

It would be nice if just for once a derby was just played without anything happening before hand.

No, the thing that doesn’t need to be done is the act of disrespect by NOT giving it.

I certainly hope it doesn’t and all of this chat can be buried but, if it does, it will happen - the club have smart, educated people in charge thankfully.

No, the thing that doesn’t need to be done is the act of disrespect by NOT giving it.

I certainly hope it doesn’t and all of this chat can be buried but, if it does, it will happen - the club have smart, educated people in charge thankfully.

But its not a thing!

Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. It does not HAVE to happen. And why should it? They are horrible, their fans are horrible, their team is horrible. They can celebrate when 70 billion people come to see their open top bus parade. Leave us out of it.

But its not a thing!

Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't. It does not HAVE to happen. And why should it? They are horrible, their fans are horrible, their team is horrible. They can celebrate when 70 billion people come to see their open top bus parade. Leave us out of it.
Well this is how you earn the respect of other teams according to him. We need to act like pathetic lickspittles and then all the other teams will respect us.

Status
Not open for further replies.