Sevilla/Mainz v Everton(Saturday 27 July 12:00/15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's our attack:

images

The correct way to look at it. Defence seems sound enough despite the number of changes the midfield is getting fitness and understanding. Sevilla are a cracking team and that was a very strong side. We all know were we are lacking but the rest of it looks OK so far.

4-5 signings in the right area and we can have a real good go at the top 6 I am convinced

Overall: just OK. Defensively they look pretty solid. But the cohesion isn't quite there in central midfield (including Sigurdsson), to take advantage of good opportunities or just to create in general. Fitness looked good but thought they were aggressive enough in the pressing, bar a few exceptions.

Good performances from Gomes and Mina.

Sigurdsson had a poor game. Any good build up generally fell down through him.

Expecting more from Bernard so far this pre-season. He's not been bad by any stretch, but he needs to be one of the players we look too.

Think people are being typically harsh on DCL. His first touch was good and it was a bad finish. But most strikers in the PL would miss that chance. (Look at the stats.) And we can't afford or attract the ones who would put it in every time. The rest of his game was very good today. He is clearly being judged by some fans against a mythical centre-forward. And before the lobotomised jump in, that doesn't mean I'm suggesting we don't need a CF; just trying to get the balance right.
I think it's a lot more than the 3 chances he missed - most PL strikers do better if they don't score. It's that you've got a player out there that is offering absolutely nothing. In possession, he's barely an alternative. He played a bit better with the few touches he had in the first half, but he HAS to come back to the ball more, hold up play a bit, and allow us to get forward. He's just not good enough at it. As a result, it takes A LOT of clever interplay to build up with our fullbacks. There's just no outlet up top, either, when we are under pressure - Richy normally helps that, too. Pickford might as well just hand them back the ball half the time.

Hate watching European teams cheating there way through games, and refs loving them. Football is dead if they keep going to ground every time the feel someone and clatter you as soon as you get goal side of them. Keep your euro football.

Overall: just OK. Defensively they look pretty solid. But the cohesion isn't quite there in central midfield (including Sigurdsson), to take advantage of good opportunities or just to create in general. Fitness looked good but thought they were aggressive enough in the pressing, bar a few exceptions.

Good performances from Gomes and Mina.

Sigurdsson had a poor game. Any good build up generally fell down through him.

Expecting more from Bernard so far this pre-season. He's not been bad by any stretch, but he needs to be one of the players we look too.

Think people are being typically harsh on DCL. His first touch was good and it was a bad finish. But most strikers in the PL would miss that chance. (Look at the stats.) And we can't afford or attract the ones who would put it in every time. The rest of his game was very good today. He is clearly being judged by some fans against a mythical centre-forward. And before the lobotomised jump in, that doesn't mean I'm suggesting we don't need a CF; just trying to get the balance right.
Admits it will be a stretch for him to run out there as a player , but can't wait to be there as an Evertonian.
Top bloke and a great servant to the club.
Never agitated for a move when others were trying to turn his head back in the day when he was in demand..
If he gets his coaching badges I would rather the club found him a role rather than Rooney.
I think it's a lot more than the 3 chances he missed - most PL strikers do better if they don't score. It's that you've got a player out there that is offering absolutely nothing. In possession, he's barely an alternative. He played a bit better with the few touches he had in the first half, but he HAS to come back to the ball more, hold up play a bit, and allow us to get forward. He's just not good enough at it. As a result, it takes A LOT of clever interplay to build up with our fullbacks. There's just no outlet up top, either, when we are under pressure - Richy normally helps that, too. Pickford might as well just hand them back the ball half the time.
DCL is an extremely likeable lad and tries very hard, however I fear he’s at his peak.

I want him to succeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.