Sevilla/Mainz v Everton(Saturday 27 July 12:00/15:00)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make that about 2 goals all pre season? We need to go into the season with a completely different front three - hopefully we will

Suggesting that people can back-door their way into getting your key details via PayPal is strange Joseph when all you hand over is an email.
Check on your computer have I been Pwned........ see how many hacks you have had........
Watchdog reported data being sold Paypal was the easiest to buy details of.......
My son gets me a password to his mobile before we use it.......

I'm going to watch it just to check out this random midfielder we've been linked with. Unless Mainz are playing their reserves in this game and their full team against our second team...
which mid player-my head is scrambled with everton lol

Thankfully it’s pre season against a better outfit we created the better chances and lost to a dodgy penalty ,thankfully signings upfront will arrive and richarlison ,not ready to throw myself off a bridge just yet

The correct way to look at it. Defence seems sound enough despite the number of changes the midfield is getting fitness and understanding. Sevilla are a cracking team and that was a very strong side. We all know were we are lacking but the rest of it looks OK so far.

Overall: just OK. Defensively they look pretty solid. But the cohesion isn't quite there in central midfield (including Sigurdsson), to take advantage of good opportunities or just to create in general. Fitness looked good but thought they were aggressive enough in the pressing, bar a few exceptions.

Good performances from Gomes and Mina.

Sigurdsson had a poor game. Any good build up generally fell down through him.

Expecting more from Bernard so far this pre-season. He's not been bad by any stretch, but he needs to be one of the players we look too.

Think people are being typically harsh on DCL. His first touch was good and it was a bad finish. But most strikers in the PL would miss that chance. (Look at the stats.) And we can't afford or attract the ones who would put it in every time. The rest of his game was very good today. He is clearly being judged by some fans against a mythical centre-forward. And before the lobotomised jump in, that doesn't mean I'm suggesting we don't need a CF; just trying to get the balance right.

Some combination play on the left that was encouraging. But if we go into the season with DCL, Fabian Delph,Theo Walcott, and Mason Holgate in our starting XI, we've got some serious problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.