Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the attraction of European competition, and remember the delight of winning the cup winners cup.

The current format doesn't interest me though. It's just cash collection for tv companies and uefa. There's no thrill of high stakes knock out until over paid over bloated clubs have gone through the interminably dull league structure.

I'd really rather we not be arsed with Europe until we're champions and they revert to a champions only cup. I'd much rather we do well in the league.

This is the problem, the knockouts are great, should all be a knockout, from round one, id love that, but this league nonsense,its awful. A nice shootout against University College Dublin, rather that then a group

Yawn.

Ajax and Spurs making it as far as they have on far less budget than us is incentive enough.

Get yourself to a Europa away day next year. Even if it’s only Ibrox or Cork, it’s brilliant!
Fair enough for you but I don't see why. If its just for the sake of seeing a new place, that's your choice. For a knock out match I can see the excitement. But for a group game where the away side always tries to stifle the game for a point.... I'll simply pass.

With the result for Watford today, the best case scenario is we beat CP and Wolves and Watford draw. Then, we can simply eliminate Wolves by winning against Burnley, and Watford would HAVE to beat Chelsea(a draw isnt enough), or we would eliminate them. I think 6 points from our last 3 will be enough to get 7th, mainly because we have the tiebreaker due to goal differential over everyone else.

Basically in 4 days we will have a really clear picture of 7th.

So many great memories from so many European aways. Any blue that travels away deserves these trips. Great trips even when we lose

Any one who went Nurnberg knows why this club should be in Europe, My best away day over 25yrs .
I went to Nurnberg, was ace, didnt come back until Saturday night, however i still dont want us to be in Europe next season as it isnt the right time, got to think long tern and not just think about going for a drink

I went to Nurnberg, was ace, didnt come back until Saturday night, however i still dont want us to be in Europe next season as it isnt the right time, got to think long tern and not just think about going for a drink
I get what you're saying and obviously it's all just opinions, but I couldn't really disagree more. That's on the club for me, they're the ones who need to worry about recruitment and squad depth. As a fan, for me it's just about getting as much enjoyment as I can from watching Everton. We've won nothing for 24 years, and have hardly even won a big domestic game in the same time. I don't see any reason why a fan wouldn't want to have the opportunity for a few more happy days supporting Everton, God knows they're few and far enough between.

We must also bear in mind, the 50 pages on this thread count for zilch if Watford win the cup. Hopefully Pep makes his squad watch a full replay of Wigan's win in 2013 to show them how it can all go wrong.

Why are people against europe. How long at the moment would we last in champions league. We wernt in europe this year and didnt have that many 3pm kos on a sat anyway

We must also bear in mind, the 50 pages on this thread count for zilch if Watford win the cup. Hopefully Pep makes his squad watch a full replay of Wigan's win in 2013 to show them how it can all go wrong.

Its a good point. Would it be ironic if Gerri kept us out of Europe? Once again,thank you Mr Koeman…..

I hope going full Everton and losing at Newcastle doesn’t cost us. Why couldn’t we have just gone half Everton and got a draw?

Think I'm right in saying that Europa League qualification would go down as far as 8th place if City win the FA Cup and Arsenal or Chelsea win the EL, but finish outside the top 4?

Even if 7th doesn’t mean Europe (Although it would help more) we still need to finish there so we keep our image of being the next best. Once we stabilise our league position it gives us the best platform for kicking on for cracking top 4/6. We won’t progress if we are constantly seen in the same bracket as the other mid table garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.