Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but not the Europa league, the other one, the main one where all the money and prestige is, or is that too big a step?
At the moment, yes.

It’s easy to look at the EL as the League Cup of Europe... but in all honesty I’d be on the ale for a month if we won the League cup Next season, so meh.

In all seriousness, it’s easy to look down on a competition from the high horse of the Premier league. But it still holds a lot of clout around the rest of Europe and it does attract players. Even Europe’s second tier tournament is still big business to the world footballing fanbase.

Everton: Pts:49 GD:+6
Palace (A) W
Burnley (H) W
Spurs (A) D

Watford: Pts:50 GD0
Wolves (H) D
Chelsea (A) L
West Ham (H) W

Wolves: Pts:48 GD-1
Arsenal (H) L
Watford (A) D
Fulham (H) W
Liverpool (A) L

Leicester: Pts:48 GD+1
Arsenal (H) L
Man City (A) L
Chelsea (H) D

Everton 56 points Watford 54 points Wolves 52 points Leicester 49 points.

regardless of that late goal, it's been a cracking few days for us, and will be almost perfect if wolves lose tomorrow. Never thought much of it at the time, but digne's last min equaliser could be the difference for 7th. I just think watford will slip away on the last day, probably resting a few for the fa cup.

I'm guessing all of you who want Europa are more bothered about going to some obscure country and getting bevvied, than thinking about 15th place and another new manager this time next season?
Er yeah. Because that’s what being a supporter is all about really.

Experiences like that.

We shouldn't even be in this position.
The level of under achievement this season , with this squad , is crystallised by this situation.
We should be miles clear of the surrounding teams.

Everton 56 points Watford 54 points Wolves 52 points Leicester 49 points.

That'll put us on 55 mate ( 2 wins ) edit sorry mate I've just seen you've got us down for a draw against Spurs ;)

I think we'll finish on 53 myself with a draw, win and defeat and I think we'll just miss out by a point to Watford.

One thing for sure though, at least it feels like we are playing for something. A win against Palace would be a massive boost but that'll be a really tough game.

That'll put us on 55 mate ( 2 wins )

I think we'll finish on 53 myself with a draw, win and defeat and I think we'll just miss out by a point to Watford.

One thing for sure though, at least it feels like we are playing for something. A win against Palace would be a massive boost but that'll be a really tough game.
he has 2 wins and a draw making the 56,but i tend to think the same as what you predicted,win,draw,lost,hopefully at least 2 wins though

edit see you edited it 1st lol

he has 2 wins and a draw making the 56,but i tend to think the same as what you predicted,win,draw,lost,hopefully at least 2 wins though

Yeah I just had to edit my post mate as I didn't include the draw ( I like the optimism though ;) )

At least two wins and I think that would get us 7th. If we play at the top of our game we can definitely go to Palace and get a win, bit anything resembling the Fulham performance and it's curtains for another season.

Most supporters surely want to watch their team play more games, in different competitions, in different countries. Enjoy the trips away and the games under lights at goodison.
Cant see us finish higher then 7th next season anyway. So if the chance is there take it.
Valencia away on a Thursday or Sheffield United away on a Saturday..

I expect it to come down to whether Watford start thinking about the Cup final. The two key games are likely to be them playing Chelsea and our game at Palace. Hopefully the results go our way and they are thinking about the Cup final on the last day of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.