Seventh Place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves’ fans are by far and away the worst. Don’t know who they think they are, the utter no-marks.

They had a thread on their forum about teams who bring nothing to the Premier League and one of the bellends mentioned us as just existing!

They've only been in the division what? 4 seasons out of the last 30? Laughable.

Wolves’ fans are by far and away the worst. Don’t know who they think they are, the utter no-marks.

They had a thread on their forum about teams who bring nothing to the Premier League and one of the bellends mentioned us as just existing!

Previous finishes by us 8th, 7th, 11th, 11th.

Now i can understand why any opposition fan would think that personally themselves

I think just finishing above Wolves and Watford would do me. Their fans on Twitter are the worst beauts outside of the RS.

odd club Watford mate, seem to think we are some sort of rivals for them now because of the whole silva thing, brought a few plazzy snakes to throw amongst themselves at goodison and sit above us and now think they are decent

awful club, awful fans, wear yellow

dogs will be crap again next year and sack the manager

be funny if we finish 7th and they win the FA cup though, would have done us right in there

Not that I see Watford or Wolves as rivals, but their silliness, particularly that of Watford where it has spread to official club level as well as fans, needs to be put down.

We need to be able to put clear blue water between us and their like for next season. That is an absolute imperative for Silva. It's galling that we are bunched in with them at present. It was the same with Burnley last year although at least they know enough not to get ahead of themselves and behave immaturely.

Hopefully we do enough to get seventh we need European football to raise our profile and make demands of everyone at the club.

Not that I see Watford or Wolves as rivals, but their silliness, particularly that of Watford where it has spread to official club level as well as fans, needs to be put down.

We need to be able to put clear blue water between us and their like for next season. That is an absolute imperative for Silva. It's galling that we are bunched in with them at present. It was the same with Burnley last year although at least they know enough not to get ahead of themselves and behave immaturely.

Hopefully we do enough to get seventh we need European football to raise our profile and make demands of everyone at the club.
Don't doubt the need for European football but qualifying via 7th place is the kiss of death for clubs. Catch 22 situation. I thought we'd do ok last time around given we had a good squad on paper at least. We all know what happened there. Big Sam to the rescue and the bile that followed.

Can’t see where Wolves will get 8 points
Can you show your working please

When I say 'will' it implies all of the 'typical Everton luck, Wolves will play like legends, LFC will suddenly crumble etc etc' and the hopeful-pessimistic
Arsenal (H) W
Watford (A) D
Fulham (H) W
Liverpool (A) D

Only because on paper it should be L D W D but it never works like that for us !

When I say 'will' it implies all of the 'typical Everton luck, Wolves will play like legends, LFC will suddenly crumble etc etc' and the hopeful-pessimistic
Arsenal (H) W
Watford (A) D
Fulham (H) W
Liverpool (A) D

Only because on paper it should be L D W D but it never works like that for us !

I'd gladly give up 7th if Wolves draw with them lot on the last day of the season.
And i really, really want us to get 7th too

Even if 7th doesn’t mean Europe (Although it would help more) we still need to finish there so we keep our image of being the next best. Once we stabilise our league position it gives us the best platform for kicking on for cracking top 4/6. We won’t progress if we are constantly seen in the same bracket as the other mid table garbage.
Finish as high as we can to get as much prize money as possible, think it's like a few million between each place now.

Liverpool will win every game with ease and only the Wolves game I put them down as less than 99.9% to win it. If Wolves are fighting for 7th place, I give Liverpool about 95% chance of winning that one. You just know if the title is riding on that game they'll get a 98th minute 10-time-deflected effort that bounces in via the referee's arse.

Anyway, if them not winning the league means we miss out on 7th, happy to have it go that way.

Even if 7th doesn’t mean Europe (Although it would help more) we still need to finish there so we keep our image of being the next best. Once we stabilise our league position it gives us the best platform for kicking on for cracking top 4/6. We won’t progress if we are constantly seen in the same bracket as the other mid table garbage.

Yes best of the rest is a proper identity now. Many many players want to come to the Premier League, and they will see us as a stepping stone to one of the top 6, or back to the Champions League superpowers in Spain, Germany, France and Italy if they do well with Everton. That also works for us while we are growing

Liverpool will win every game with ease and only the Wolves game I put them down as less than 99.9% to win it. If Wolves are fighting for 7th place, I give Liverpool about 95% chance of winning that one. You just know if the title is riding on that game they'll get a 98th minute 10-time-deflected effort that bounces in via the referee's arse.

Anyway, if them not winning the league means we miss out on 7th, happy to have it go that way.

I'm kind of surprised at the choice of LFC winning the league or us going 7th. We're fighting for the scraps off the table! We need 7th and I think we also have to accept it if LFC win the league because it will give us a massive wake up call that we are miles and miles away from our neighbours and how much we have to fight. I say this as a 'mixed race' family LOL - we have both reds and blues in the family so we are not at war with each other. We need the motivation of top 6 and we need to compete with LFC again...at the moment we are 4-5 seasons behind them at least, and that's if everything goes perfectly well.

19th best home record in the league

5th best away record in the league so that win at goodison is a better win than it looks

We'll obviously lose away to them then haha we tend to do that. Think wolves may have finished their season after the fa cup tbh, 1 point from Brighton and Southampton backs that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.