Sentimentality

Status
Not open for further replies.
There needs to be a big conversation at Everton. We just take up space in the PL. That's the truth of the matter. Oxygen thieves of the top flight. It's an embarrassment for fans who've witnessed the club being the best team in the country. What are we doing other than waiting for a stadium to be built? The stadium plan(s) have taken the place of becoming a competitive success again. We have no identity anymore as far as I can see.

These players and the DoF are nowhere near the level we should have. The owner is a flake and a disgrace to the history of the club. The backroom is an utter piss-take. It's upsetting.

25 years without a trophy; a club like this. No wonder they keep harping on about EitC.
When they brought back Jose Baxter Summed it up for me. Was just a publicity stunt by the fools in the boardroom. Let’s face it, he should of been nowhere near this club based on footballing ability. Also when bill tried to save bury. Jesus Christ.

I am willing to see if Ancelotti can put together a useful unit.
We still have a team built from the golfing toad, BFS and '5 good games with Watford' Marco.
The place has indeed been a complete shambles, but hopefully we will get it right now.
I sometimes think that until this stadium business is put to bed (either way) the club will struggle to find any onfield ambitions.

The pursuit of a stadium has acted like a panacea for all failings for over a decade now.

When they brought back Jose Baxter Summed it up for me. Was just a publicity stunt by the fools in the boardroom. Let’s face it, he should of been nowhere near this club based on footballing ability. Also when bill tried to save bury. Jesus Christ.
We're just not a serious proposition. Look at the other clubs around us in the north west. We have amateurism written all over us.

I sometimes think that until this stadium business is put to bed (either ay) the club will struggle to find any onfield ambitions.

The pursuit of a stadium has acted like a panacea for all failings for over a decade now.

It has been a shield for the board for decades. 'We are struggling due to the stadium'.
Yet Anfield is nothing more than a giant shed, and yet they have remained competitive.

The club does need more corporate hospitality facilities and a new stadium would be very welcome. But as an ever present in the top flight they really should be achieving far more than what they have served up these past 3 decades.

It has been a shield for the board for decades. 'We are struggling due to the stadium'.
Yet Anfield is nothing more than a giant shed, and yet they have remained competitive.

The club does need more corporate hospitality facilities and a new stadium would be very welcome. But as an ever present in the top flight they really should be achieving far more than what they have served up these past 3 decades.

There's been a lot of waste in recent years and we could have had this stadium almost paid for by now.

But the stadium pursuit has also become an article of faith. Mystical. It distracts fans and sucks in their discontent and releases it harmlessly.

There's no doubt the owners of the club over the years have used the stadium issue as a means to control anger at a club who's supporters have seen their club slip into worse than mediocrity.

We're just not a serious proposition. Look at the other clubs around us in the north west. We have amateurism written all over us.
Prior moshiri coming in the board used to flog the message of we have no money to compete. Moshiri is now in and it’s we need a stadium to compete.

Prior moshiri coming in the board used to flog the message of we have no money to compete. Moshiri is now in and it’s we need a stadium to compete.
The buzz around the club when he turned up was not justified. He's now just a part of the problem - hiring and firing one disaster after the next.

Some valid points re sentimentality , and I think that a lot of that revolves around Bill.
Don't think that Moshiri and Carlo can be accused of it , as neither have historic connections to us. In fact accusing Moshiri of hiring and firing would seem to be diametrically opposed to sentimentality.
We should have undoubtedly have achieved more since the mid 80s, however our best manager since those days , Moyes (prior to Carlo arriving ) , was absolutely hamstrung as we didn't have a pot to "wee" in, financially , at that time.

You would have though when Moshiri came in, he would sweep the boardroom clean and put his own personal stamp on the club. DBB did a fantastic job in her role with Eitc, but can we honestly say she is the most suitable candidate for chief executive? I don’t know how much influence Kenwright still has, but rather then ‘rely’ on kenwright, you wish moshiri had sought the advice of David Dein. Here is a football man, his advice could have saved moshiri millions in appointing the wrong managers and the subsequent waste of 100s of millions of pounds in transfers.

You would have though when Moshiri came in, he would sweep the boardroom clean and put his own personal stamp on the club. DBB did a fantastic job in her role with Eitc, but can we honestly say she is the most suitable candidate for chief executive? I don’t know how much influence Kenwright still has, but rather then ‘rely’ on kenwright, you wish moshiri had sought the advice of David Dein. Here is a football man, his advice could have saved moshiri millions in appointing the wrong managers and the subsequent waste of 100s of millions of pounds in transfers.

That's a really valid point re Dein , imo.
Off the top of my head I don't know the answer. I know Moshiri / Usmanov and him are connected through Arsenal , but not sure of their relationship , or whether that was complicated by the battle between Usmanov and Kroenke.

That's a really valid point re Dein , imo.
Off the top of my head I don't know the answer. I know Moshiri / Usmanov and him are connected through Arsenal , but not sure of their relationship , or whether that was complicated by the battle between Usmanov and Kroenke.
I’m not sure of their relationship either, but I’m sure Dein would have sided with Usmanov/Moshiri over Kronke. I’m not talking of Dein taking up an appointment at goidison as he already has a ambassadorial role within the premier league. But I’m sure if Moshiri had sought his advice, in particular in his choice of managers, Dein would have have given it.

Status
Not open for further replies.