2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please stop with this, he’s not received any honour from the Palace

As for the other excuses, we could have let go other squad players in order to keep James, he was keen to stay but Benitez held a grudge from Madrid, with Digne I think he had every right as a senior player to make a suggestion of tactics to get himself and the team forward, especially as we were struggling for form
Has anybody gathered that James (he of playing the odd game) was not in demand from any decent clubs because he was finished as a reliable top flight player. You cant harbour that if you want to build a team. Ok we have not but never would with him. He had to go

Blimey.

Fella is entitled to his opinion I suppose. Where I definitely disagree is his insinuation that Dyche's touchline antics are performative. I generally find everything I've seen from Dyche to be quite authentic personally, and that goes back to his Burnley days too.

To be a success as a manager you have to have your own philosophy on the way the game should be played and Dyche has that. He's not trying to "copy and paste" somebody else's philosophy. That's the part I like about him most and I actually think his style is exactly what Everton fans like most (when it's executed well anyway).
I wouldn't go as far as saying his own Phylosophy, he literally sets up and plays to the same managers handbook that had been an essential guide to managing through out the years up until the days of the likes of 'Wenger'...

It looks to me on the evidence so far that Dyche doesn't overclaim on matters. If he sees real effective progress in the way the team are emerging with a new system then that's a good sign. It's observable too. I cant recall seeing us getting our players in numbers up the pitch to get a goal for a while. Obvioulsy that's the necessary adaptation you make when you have no effective strike force.

I think he not only recognises that he's in the biggest job of his career, so he's going to remain positive as he's happy. I also feel like we have a proper plan when I watch us, which we didn't do with Lampard. Dyche probably recognises that we only really need a few tweaks in order to get us getting more results, it's just really unfortunate that he didn't come in earlier, and that he wasn't given a striker in January.

Football 365 don't like him...

I suspect that writer harbours ambitions to write for the Telegraph with prose like this detailing imaginary elites against Brexity types:

"But will we hear any criticism of Dyche for this unsophisticated physical approach? Certainly not in the mainstream football media where he appears untouchable. Like Harry Redknapp before him, a narrative about Dyche has been established and is adhered to, even in contradiction to the facts. Dyche is the Brexit manager, forever being underestimated, always cheated out of his rightful inheritance by foreigners and snooty elitists."

😆

I suspect that writer harbours ambitions to write for the Telegraph with prose like this detailing imaginary elites against Brexity types:

"But will we hear any criticism of Dyche for this unsophisticated physical approach? Certainly not in the mainstream football media where he appears untouchable. Like Harry Redknapp before him, a narrative about Dyche has been established and is adhered to, even in contradiction to the facts. Dyche is the Brexit manager, forever being underestimated, always cheated out of his rightful inheritance by foreigners and snooty elitists."

😆

God, this is awful

I wouldn't go as far as saying his own Phylosophy, he literally sets up and plays to the same managers handbook that had been an essential guide to managing through out the years up until the days of the likes of 'Wenger'...

OK but if you're going down that route, how many true innovators has the game really had? Even Guardiola is following Cruyff's blueprint, who in turn was following Rinus Michels etc.

A better way to describe what I meant with Dyche is that he has a belief system. His teams play in a very clear and distinct way. He keeps the same formation and style of football consistently.

Under Lampard we were a low-block team one day and then the next we were attempting expansive free-flowing football the next.

Everton are not a fashionable club and Dyche is not a fashionable manager.
There is a good deal of snobbery involved when the media talk about football management. They assume that great players like Gerrard and Lampard also make great managers, we know to our cost that they don't.

Dyche, at Burnley, was forced to devise a system which worked for that club, if the circumstances change at a different club like Everton then we all will have to wait and see what he is capable of.

At the moment it is firefighting in every game and results matter to the exclusion of everything else.
I do honestly reckon that with just 3 or 4 'quality' players through the door the 'Dyche system' could work really well. Imagine if he sets up the team as he has been doing but also with the addition of a real quality CF, a right-forward, a ball-playing midfielder and a dominant centre half in the mix.

But you think everything is solved if we move Alex Iwobi 10 yards across the pitch.
Negative, I think we might not get relegated by making some changes. Everything isn't going to be solved for like 5 years minimum and that's with a lot of breaks going our way.

Status
Not open for further replies.