2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Leicester way is the path we should be taking tho.

They signed very good players on very small fees from "lesser" leagues, due to quality scouting.
I dunno if we're ever going to fix the fact that we cannot appear to make a success of this. We tried it with the very man who did it for Leicester and threw about £200m up the wall. We then poached who was supposed to be the best in Europe, and he pissed a further £300m up the wall, and we're trying it with a Liverpool fan in the driving seat now and he thinks Neal Maupay is a suitable replacement for Ricarlison.

I dunno if we're ever going to fix the fact that we cannot appear to make a success of this. We tried it with the very man who did it for Leicester and threw about £200m up the wall. We then poached who was supposed to be the best in Europe, and he pissed a further £300m up the wall, and we're trying it with a Liverpool fan in the driving seat now and he thinks Neal Maupay is a suitable replacement for Ricarlison.
Well I agree, we are too stupid to make it work.

They signed very good players on very small fees from "lesser" leagues, due to quality scouting.
Yeah sure don't expect it to work immediately. Likely will take years. Maybe even a decade. We've got a long way to go and taking this approach is going to involve missing sometimes.

In hindsight I do have some sympathy for Steve Walsh. Koeman was clearly a tit and a half to work with - that one transfer window was insane where we signed a mix of potential and Koeman's whims.

Allardyce wanted quick fixes so the buying wasn't stellar.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I think he has won 7 points in his first 6 games (including two against Arsenal and one at Anfield). He has done that without a striker worthy of the title. If he keeps that points rate up we should finish on 36 points. Will that be enough to stay up?
Ok I now make it 10 points from 7 games. I think we finish on 40 points if he can keep up this points per game rate! Come on Seany D!

He’s certainly changed the mentality. Going to be a long run in, but I can’t think of anybody else who could have installed what he has so quickly with 10 points out of 21

I think Everton (despite the recent history) are a big name with an owner that is known for spending recklessly and teams will try to charge us more often than not. We don’t get the deals

Status
Not open for further replies.