2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're never going to agree but none of what you've said changes that we've yet to have a manager put any effort into getting the best from the players. Lampard may have tried tbf but he's just woefully ill-equipped for managing a top flight team. Now Dyche isn't trying.

We're going to score under 35 goals for the season. I don't care how many times you and everyone else blames the players there is a major managerial issue if that's happening and that is the part we could fix before the end of the season. It's not acceptable to not try.
Most football coaches - with some experience - will say that the best way to get the most out of players is to play to their strengths as a collective. Put another way, the tactics must be based on actual technique, and not what one would wish for. I think you are overestimating the players.
I would love for us to be dominant on set plays. It's a great edge to have. It can't be your everything. It is also extremely helpful if you have a greater volume of set plays because teams concede them trying to stop what is actually a threatening attack otherwise. Please don't think I'm discounting them it's just that even on a good year it can only be like 30% of your goals if your a half decent side.

I'm one of the biggest Iwobi fans but he's an awful right winger. He's inconsistent between below average and unplayable over there while through the center he's inconsistent between really good and kinda bad. It's not the same.

Again they're really bad, but I see a 4-3-3 with Iwobi in the center, McNeil right and Gray left as being a passable attack. I think with Dyche bringing actual organization to the side now we can survive like that. How we are now is closer to maybe.
The question is not formation, because formation says very little, but how do you want Everton to play football? How will you attack, with what risk, how should the defensive organization be, and how will you resolve the transition phases? How do these wishes fit with the quality of the team?

Then you also have the time aspect, everything cannot be prioritized. We are in the relegation battle, and the players most likely do not have very high confidence. You have to decide on all of this.

Last edited:
Most football coaches - with some experience - will say that the best way to get the most out of players is to play to their strengths as a collective. Put another way, the tactics must be based on actual technique, and not what one would wish for. I think you are overestimating the players.

The question is not formation, because formation says very little, but how do you want Everton to play football? How will you attack, with what risk, how should the defensive organization be, and how will you resolve the transition phases? How do these wishes fit with the quality of the team?

Then you also have the time aspect, everything cannot be prioritized. We are in the relegation battle, and the players most likely do not have very high confidence. You have to decide on all of this.
Yeah within all of that is picking which players are best suited for doing which roles. I think because playing someone on the left versus the right is practically the same responsiblility wise we just ignore that there is a ton of nuance and players don't have to be suited for both. That's going to effect how you attack and how you defend and how transition works the same as playing a CB in midfield would. Yet there seems to be no thought being put into it.

He has us playing just like Burnley before he was sacked.
Get a grip. Lampard would have lost everyone of the games Sean has been in charge. I’m more than happy with 7 points from that run of games. Sure you can say well we should have beat Forest however you could argue we should never of beat Arsenal at home and going back in time Lampard would of given his right arm to draw with Wolves and Southampton rather than 2 really poor losses at home.

Let’s get some perspective.

The xG stuff is very set play dependent. Against Forest .95 NPxG (which isn't hugely impressive btw) and .5 from set plays. Villa was 1.54 and 1.0 from set plays. Leeds was 1.54 and 1.12 from set plays. Weirdly Arsenal is where most of our big open play chances have come from and we did nothing period against the RS. Total we're around 5 from open play in 6 games. Still underperfomance but also no where near good enough.
What in god's name is this? Could someone please translate this into English!

Yeah within all of that is picking which players are best suited for doing which roles. I think because playing someone on the left versus the right is practically the same responsiblility wise we just ignore that there is a ton of nuance and players don't have to be suited for both. That's going to effect how you attack and how you defend and how transition works the same as playing a CB in midfield would. Yet there seems to be no thought being put into it.

Which team would you put out -- not including DCL ?

He said

"Noise" 26 times
"Details" 37 times
"Staaaarrrrrff" 16 times

He didn't really say the above that many times btw

He also said he's spoken to DCL for some fashion advice (he really did say that)

Status
Not open for further replies.