2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to be positive but I really was a sold on a new beginning under Bielsa even if it meant his team working in the back ground for 6 months with the U21s and the kids.
This would of course meant a complete clear out of the existing coaches but surely that would have been a positive?
But we all knew they wouldn't have had the balls to bring him in.
So here we are with Sean Dyche the only manager on the lists of potential candidates who actually has a higher losing percentage than winning .The only positive I can take from the situation is that he is not fat Sam or the FSW.
It feels to me that we have wasted a huge opportunity and we are just kicking the can down the road for another day.
I really hope I am wrong like
Im curious why you prefer him to Fat Sam. Allardyce has more experience, more success and had played better football no?
He was also quite successful at Everton.
I imagine if Dyche does keep us up comfortably like Allardyce did the crowd will be crowing for Bielsa by the close season anyway.

Im curious why you prefer him to Fat Sam. Allardyce has more experience, more success and had played better football no?
I imagine if Dyche does keep us up comfortably like Allardyce did the crowd will be crowing for Bielsa by the close season anyway.
The football under Allardyce was awful even after we were safe. maybe it will be the same under Dyche time will tell.

If Sean Dyche keeps us up the crowd will be looking to crown him and won’t be crowing to anyone, think of the pure relief f we stay up.

I wonder if there's a decent relegation clause in his contract? I'm sure in the interview he said he will keep us up so there should be a palatable break clause if he doesn't.
Perhaps there is, but unless he can't conjure up a significant improvement then we should be looking to keep him.

Relegation would be an absolute mess in the best scenario and he is experienced and successful in The Championship. At least that would be yet more upheaval that could be avoided.

He has to show more than something till the end of the season obviously, though.

Allardyce brought in the much needed manager bounce and in his 1st six games brought us 3 wins and 3 draws. 2 draws against L'pool and Chelsea and the other 4 games....1 against Hudderfield who we were above, 1 against the current bottom club, 1 against 19th place and 1 against Newcastle in 16th place. Then we reverted to type and got beat by Bournemouth in 18th place. The rest of the season was sub standard and brought the fury of fans against him. He did get us wins over the very bottom clubs but his record was not great after the initial manager bounce and we could see the direness of his football.
Different prospect for Dyche as all the bottom clubs are beating this current side. Dyche is in a relegation battle while Allardyce had a cushion of being in 13th place albeit not a big cushion. Those first bounce games secured out fate but the rest was dross and still the form of a lower table team

Status
Not open for further replies.