2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
what does this matter? As long as you get the points from somewhere.

This is brightons time but there is nothing to say they won’t be in the championship in three years time.
Burnley had their time, stoke had theirs before…Wigan, Birmingham, Bolton and Charlton before that.
Teams of this size regularly break the top ten, but none manage to sustain it over a decade.
It matters because we don't have the quality to win our supposedly easier games so will need to find results elsewhere

Likely been posted already...anyhoo

Never watched any kind of in depth interview with him before, so any opinion I held was fuelled by the usual preconceptions we have of every manager around. Was hoping there was more to him than the surface suggested because to be fair he was significantly limited by the budget and expectations set for him at Burnley.

Unfortunately everything in that interview screams mediocrity to me, he may keep us up this season if things go his way but his ceiling is likely to be mid table at best beyond that in my opinion. I can understand why people might want him, he plays pragmatic football, knows the league and knows many of the players at the club already so has as good a chance as anyone does of keeping us up.

However listening to that interview he has an aversion to "foreign" players, his answers to the questions around inspirations and personal development suggest a parochial outlook (it never expands beyond his direct circle of influence). He seems a little over the top with expectations as to how his teams and players are turned out and behave (It'll be interesting to see how that works out with Calvert-Lewin and Davies etc.).Unless I missed something there was no reference in that interview to the technical development of the players under him at all.
Wouldn't want to work for him myself based on what I saw here and couldn't see a professional player with other equivalent options on the table wanting to either. Really hope this interview isn't reflective of him as a manager or that I've completely misinterpreted it.

I saw Allardyce turn our season around whether you agree or not.

If Dyche does the same kudos to him
He also took over a team with goals in it and it was 14th, and November.

He did what was asked, spent £50m to do it - and £220k in combined wages - and then hardly turned up to training, making Sammy Lee do it while he swanned off to Spain.

What 'ransom' has Dyche made? I don't think he's the ideal choice by any means.

What's @ForeverBlue92's take on the Dyche appointment?

Is @davek a fan?

Key GOT influencers and we need to know their respective stances as they'll be key to the coming month's arguments...
JimmyNail92 has wanted Dyche here for years. It's like a late Christmas present for him.

Dave hates hoofball but is psyched that Dyche is our new manager. Weird paradox, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.