2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Statement on the website would suffice.
Look, all I'm doing is trying to find a little possible glimmer of positivity.

I haven't got a clue why he hasn't been announced yet, could be anything. he might have the runs and been stuck on the loo all day. God knows !!
but even a statement on the website and he'd somehow be getting hounded non stop. also he would have to get out and do a press conference..

It’s hard to believe a new manager has signed a contract, been to the training ground, probably gotten straight to work on staff, transfers etc, and even taken photos with fans, yet Everton’s social media channels are completely silent.

Because we have had such a big turnaround of managers over the years, we know what to expect. The announcement, paired simultaneously with the big interview of cliched answers such as ‘Everton are a big club with a rich history’ and ‘Bill, Denise and the board have been very welcoming’. We will also get the cliched gallery of photos of him with the scarf, of course the picture of him standing in the weight room behind the floor badge. We also can’t forget the special ‘Everton Unseen’ episode of Sean shaking peoples hands, getting a tour of the training ground, and of course at the end, walking into a room with an important member of staff and closing the door to show that he’s getting straight to work.

Not only is this media cliched, and boring (maybe not if we didn’t have a new manager every season) it’s just so unnecessary to launch a new story for the club. It would be nice to just simply have that announcement we want. I don’t know why, but I just can’t relax until I see news on official channels, even though we all know Dyche is the manager, any curiosity, interest or intrigue into it has been wiped away. He might as well just turn up on the touch line Saturday the way we handle things.

It’s hard to believe a new manager has signed a contract, been to the training ground, probably gotten straight to work on staff, transfers etc, and even taken photos with fans, yet Everton’s social media channels are completely silent.

Because we have had such a big turnaround of managers over the years, we know what to expect. The announcement, paired simultaneously with the big interview of cliched answers such as ‘Everton are a big club with a rich history’ and ‘Bill, Denise and the board have been very welcoming’. We will also get the cliched gallery of photos of him with the scarf, of course the picture of him standing in the weight room behind the floor badge. We also can’t forget the special ‘Everton Unseen’ episode of Sean shaking peoples hands, getting a tour of the training ground, and of course at the end, walking into a room with an important member of staff and closing the door to show that he’s getting straight to work.

Not only is this media cliched, and boring (maybe not if we didn’t have a new manager every season) it’s just so unnecessary to launch a new story for the club. It would be nice to just simply have that announcement we want. I don’t know why, but I just can’t relax until I see news on official channels, even though we all know Dyche is the manager, any curiosity, interest or intrigue into it has been wiped away. He might as well just turn up on the touch line Saturday the way we handle things.
I get what your saying. but we know its Dyche coming on board and if the anouncement comes later that what is expected, but we have signings already in place and being finalised and a precious 3pts picked up against Arsenal ( very unlikely ) then how quickly he gets anounced really doesn't bother me at this time.

I just want to see points on the board and this season over and done with whilst keeping our spot in the premiership for another season.
And I like the thought ( although only a thought ) of Dyche putting the needs of getting straight to work over caring about a photoshoot...

The Announcement will be coming soon enough..

He also took over a team with goals in it and it was 14th, and November.

He did what was asked, spent £50m to do it - and £220k in combined wages - and then hardly turned up to training, making Sammy Lee do it while he swanned off to Spain.

What 'ransom' has Dyche made? I don't think he's the ideal choice by any means.
This is exactly why i find the calls for gravy sam absolutely mind boggiling.
Like yeah lets hope Seans spunks 50m on two of the worst Everton players to ever pull on the shirt.
His 'achievement of taking that team from 14th to 8th is not at all comperable to the situatuon we find ourselves in currently. Sam did not save us from relegation!!?

Baffled why you all need a tweet to settle down.

IF hes signed, ok, if he hasnt, who cares, its not like we would be missing out on Carlo.

It's a small irrelevant thing really, but just sort of compounds the arrogance of this board, who just seem to mess around continually and end up wasting precious time as a result.

It's the culture that's annoying. If hes signed up, put it out there. It just seems symptomatic of a group of people who have no urgency.

Status
Not open for further replies.