2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't have been my choice of manager, but, credit where credit is due, I really didn't think he had a snowball in hell's chance of keeping us up when the transfer window shut. I still don't think he's the answer long term, but, he may well be the man to keep us tidy for a couple of seasons while we get the financial mess under control and get the move to Bramley Moore sorted.

I'm more than grateful to him for keeping us up this season, as I believe relegation before the ground move would quite possibly kill us and I hope he consolidates next season and keeps us well away from the bottom 6. Long term though, not for me, but, don't get me wrong, he definitely deserves his chance after the past few months. I'd have to say that his obsession with Keane, Holgate and Godfrey and his reluctance to make changes when they are obviously needed worry me but, it seems to have worked for him.

Reactions: SJB
Been a supporter of Dyche since the first game he was in

Except for some of the games where our squad was most decimated by injury/suspensions I’ve enjoyed the football we’ve played and appreciated the full commitment from the players on display which has too often not been the case under recent managers

Improve the depth, mostly strikers and full backs and watch us finish midtable next season ready to continue building the squad in our glamorous new stadium.

I think he'll have us here again. I just don't believe he's a good enough manager to fix things. He could with better talent but talent that gets to a level where we aren't possibly here again won't be coming in a year. Just look at Leicester who to me are an objectively more talented team than us. Bad management gets them where they are despite the level of the players.

With that said I just don't know how you can trust the board to figure it out. So unless we have a huge redo at the board room and in the back rooms I'm not really sure fixing the management of the actual team we put on the field can happen. It's quite a bad spot to be. Ultimately I just can't see Dyche as the actual answer.

I think he'll have us here again. I just don't believe he's a good enough manager to fix things. He could with better talent but talent that gets to a level where we aren't possibly here again won't be coming in a year. Just look at Leicester who to me are an objectively more talented team than us. Bad management gets them where they are despite the level of the players.

With that said I just don't know how you can trust the board to figure it out. So unless we have a huge redo at the board room and in the back rooms I'm not really sure fixing the management of the actual team we put on the field can happen. It's quite a bad spot to be. Ultimately I just can't see Dyche as the actual answer.
"He" didn't have us here to begin with.

Dyche didn’t have us in trouble in the first place, and his approach has just guided the worst Everton squad I’ve ever seen, which was also obliterated by injuries to safety in the league. He deserves a shot at this.

Dyche didn’t have us in trouble in the first place, and his approach has just guided the worst Everton squad I’ve ever seen, which was also obliterated by injuries to safety in the league. He deserves a shot at this.
At some point we should do the whole learning from your mistakes thing. This post could be copied and pasted from the Lampard thread at the end of last season and no one would be able to tell. It isn't acceptable to do it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.