2022/23 Sean Dyche

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he'll have us here again. I just don't believe he's a good enough manager to fix things. He could with better talent but talent that gets to a level where we aren't possibly here again won't be coming in a year. Just look at Leicester who to me are an objectively more talented team than us. Bad management gets them where they are despite the level of the players.

With that said I just don't know how you can trust the board to figure it out. So unless we have a huge redo at the board room and in the back rooms I'm not really sure fixing the management of the actual team we put on the field can happen. It's quite a bad spot to be. Ultimately I just can't see Dyche as the actual answer.

He’s had the team at over a point per game since he took over and that was with most of the easier features having been played before he arrived. Even without changing anything over a whole season that points tally probably keeps us up.

Now give him some of his own players, better attacking options, less injuries, easier fixtures, and being able to play without the relegation prospect immediately upon the team.

He’s had the team at over a point per game since he took over and that was with most of the easier features having been played before he arrived. Even without changing anything over a whole season that points tally probably keeps us up.

Now give him some of his own players, better attacking options, less injuries, easier fixtures, and being able to play without the relegation prospect immediately upon the team.
We sure these two things are going to happen at the same time?

I mean if you look at his decade at Burnley these aren't two things that happened at the same time. I just have grave concerns over what giving Dyche time looks like personally. Are we going to be the team that attempts to play a someone direct but still maybe viable 4-3-3 or is he going to be inclined to go back to his 4-4-2 when he's able to buy the forwards who make sense for that. I'm terrified of the latter tbh. There are quite literally 0 teams doing that left in this league. Over the last decade they've all slowly become obsolete and gone down.

We sure these two things are going to happen at the same time?

I mean if you look at his decade at Burnley these aren't two things that happened at the same time. I just have grave concerns over what giving Dyche time looks like personally. Are we going to be the team that attempts to play a someone direct but still maybe viable 4-3-3 or is he going to be inclined to go back to his 4-4-2 when he's able to buy the forwards who make sense for that. I'm terrified of the latter tbh. There are quite literally 0 teams doing that left in this league. Over the last decade they've all slowly become obsolete and gone down.
How do you feel about Diego Simeone?

Speaking the truth in his press conferences. The hipsters on here really need to listen to him.
This absolutely hits the nail on the head mate.
He has saved us and can stabilise us.
Hipsters would have have an incompetent chancer brought in who could jeopardise our future.
We have some Moyes - like stability. That is a plus.
Get the board out , spend sensibly , in the correct areas. We have agood , young core .
Would love Yerry to stay though !!

After Benitez and the Lampard experiment I was delighted we got Dyche. This club is so run down we need someone like him for a few years to rebuild the foundations. I honestly don't think we should look at changing the Manager for at least 3 years maybe longer. He is very safe hands

When you read that in print you say to yourself how has this club managed to escape that unscathed 😏

At some point we should do the whole learning from your mistakes thing. This post could be copied and pasted from the Lampard thread at the end of last season and no one would be able to tell. It isn't acceptable to do it again.
If Doucoure didn't score a worldy, the conversation over our manager may be in a completely different light. There are other variables but that's poor process or ultimately not informative. The idea that it's not fair to objectively scrutinize his position is silly simply based on the thinnest of margins survival. In almost all facets of the club survival or relegation is not proof of concept. It's simply just better to sort out those mistakes in this league then the other, but the problems don't really change.

Personally I wouldn't keep him but I understand partially the rationale given the state of the rest of the club being a diabolic mess. He is a crisis manager but ultimately we have to move on from the crisis. I think he should be scrutinized though or examined in regards to replacements especially if MSP buys majority stake.

Tbh I'd still turf him instantly.

Makes weird team choices and his subs are rubbish. We've stayed up on moments rather than consistently developed chances to score.

Is that because of playing personnel? Probably.

But I still don't really trust him considering I've watched us do the same corner set piece 45579 times since he's joined.

Talking sense in that post match interview. Glad to hear it. He know there are deep issues that needs fixing. If he can grant us a safe midtable finish and solve a few of our issues while doing so, Im all for it. He is, as expected, a competant manager, unlike our previous 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.